Set temp disappearing.

Just cleaned the heck out of my SF and wanted to do a 600 degree burn to let everything left burn up.
At 270 I realized it had lost the target temp on the controller and wasn’t connected to my phone, I reset temp and it kept climbing.
Did it again at 500 and temp started dropping. I was 25-30 minutes in at that point I scraped my grates and shut her down.

I hope this gets worked out quick. Just ordered some new grates and the griddle pan for it.
Sounds exactly like what happened to me...the question now is: WHY? The only possible answer is a fault in the PID logic— possibly with the “D” function — at the mid-teenerature ranges, and possibly above, as my unit seems to be rock solid at smoking temps.

That time was 375, but have had it happen at 350 and 250 before.
Since I have been mostly running my unit for low and slow smokes, mostly at 230F and below or in Smoke Boost mode , I have never had that issue. The one I did have, however came when I raised the temp to 375...ran fine, then lost set-point after resetting itself. I then had to manually renter it.

Last edited:
Just received this response from Scott from Weber:

“Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Our software and engineering teams are actively looking into this issue and are working on a fix. Our customers are and always have been, our top priority; which is why we have prioritized direct consumer feedback and bug fixes into our robust, ever-evolving Weber Connect update plan for both SmokeFire grill and the Weber Connect smart grilling hub.
We appreciate your patience as we continue to add feature improvements and enhancements.”

Last edited:
I’m sure they will get it worked out. It did a nice job yesterday on my chicken cook. I wouldn’t do a brisket or butt until they come out with an update addressing this issue.

I’m sure they will get it worked out. It did a nice job yesterday on my chicken cook. I wouldn’t do a brisket or butt until they come out with an update addressing this issue.
Hence my problem: I have both fresh (now frozen) 16# USDA PRIME Full Packer brisket and two 8# pork butts in my freezer waiting for the confidence to do about overnight.

Just received this response from Scott from Weber:

“Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Our software and engineering teams are actively looking into this issue and are working on a fix. Our customers are and always have been, our top priority; which is why we have prioritized direct consumer feedback and bug fixes into our robust, ever-evolving Weber Connect update plan for both SmokeFire grill and the Weber Connect smart grilling hub.
We appreciate your patience as we continue to add feature improvements and enhancements.”
And that is the carbon copy of what I have been getting. :rolleyes:

Like Abmet said in another thread, I just want to go back to the last update. How hard could that be?
I’m actually surprised they haven’t done this yet! Why leave an issue for so long.

Like Abmet said in another thread, I just want to go back to the last update. How hard could that be?
I’m actually surprised they haven’t done this yet! Why leave an issue for so long.
Backwards is virtually impossible without a total rewrite of the server software and I do not want to go there.

Happened to me again even after trying factory reset of the controller. This version is a pile of $%@#

Wonder if the new software update that has been released will help this?

Wonder if the new software update that has been released will help this?
The three software updates (app, OS, firmware) all at the same time are the problem. And they are still working on it as of today. :rolleyes:

The three software updates (app, OS, firmware) all at the same time are the problem. And they are still working on it as of today. :rolleyes:

So do you mean that the new OS update that was released today (Version 2491) hasn't resolved anything?

So do you mean that the new OS update that was released today (Version 2491) hasn't resolved anything?
No idea, but I will be installing this am prior to doing a 6 hr run for beef ribs.

When I wrote the above comment, it was not available here (time zone thing). It is now.

Latest Discussions

Back