Set temp disappearing.

Cambridge Brian

Reaction score
Is everyone still having issues with this? It seems like the topic has died out. Is everybody living with this or has it gone away. I had it happen twice yesterday and not sure if it is worth the phone call to Weber again.

JpsBBQ

Reaction score
Is everyone still having issues with this? It seems like the topic has died out. Is everybody living with this or has it gone away. I had it happen twice yesterday and not sure if it is worth the phone call to Weber again.
I haven’t had this issue ever. I have had issues with the temp getting stuck on the low end when I open the lid. Have had to bump the set temp a bit to get it to react.

AHoneyman

Reaction score
That was happening prior to one of the last updates. And, yes, it appears to have disappeared. Several issues have magically quieted down. Make sure everything (app, JunOS, firmware) are all updated. I happen to have a newer firmware that has not been released yet and it really fixed a lot of my issues. Unfortunately, it is not something that you can get or request. I was accidentally added to a list somewhere for internal testing. And I am sure that it has been updated again. The fact that Weber bought Jun may have slowed (changed) updates.

AHoneyman

Reaction score
Just make sure that you catch the temp set point loss before the temp starts dropping too much. You can reset the temp before it goes into a shutdown cycle due to low temps without a set point.

Cambridge Brian

Reaction score
I get the set temp disappearing and instead there are 3 dashes. If I catch it I can just reset the temp. Yesterday I gambled and went out and it happened while I was out and when it happens it will not connect to the app. Brisket was fine but it would be nice to not have to watch it like this. I find it happens on longer cooks. Yesterday it was at about hour 8. I have a new controller and it has happened on the new one as well as the old one. I have been hoping for an update that would fix it.

Cambridge Brian

Reaction score
An update for anyone else with this issue. This has according to Weber been fixed in a previous update. My unit has all the updates so I now have a new controller on the way. Not too sure this is the fix but it cant hurt. This will be my 3rd controller.

abmet

SOTM Winner
Reaction score
An update for anyone else with this issue. This has according to Weber been fixed in a previous update. My unit has all the updates so I now have a new controller on the way. Not too sure this is the fix but it cant hurt. This will be my 3rd controller.
Dang that sucks. I haven’t experienced this since the update that was supposed to fix it.