Set temp disappearing.

Bruno

SOTM Winner
Reaction score
Just cleaned the heck out of my SF and wanted to do a 600 degree burn to let everything left burn up.
At 270 I realized it had lost the target temp on the controller and wasn’t connected to my phone, I reset temp and it kept climbing.
Did it again at 500 and temp started dropping. I was 25-30 minutes in at that point I scraped my grates and shut her down.

I hope this gets worked out quick. Just ordered some new grates and the griddle pan for it.

smoke-ring

Reaction score
Mine did the same thing last night, but my iPad was trying to install an update (unrelated to Weber app) and therefore kept cycling on and off...might be completely unrelated but I figured that was why mine did it??

abmet

SOTM Winner
Reaction score
Mine has been doing this constantly since the last software update. I’ve had it happen 3 times in a single two hour cook.

OP
Bruno

Bruno

SOTM Winner
Reaction score
Mine has been doing this constantly since the last software update. I’ve had it happen 3 times in a single two hour cook.
That’s not good.

OP
Bruno

Bruno

SOTM Winner
Reaction score
i emailed Weber and got this response...

Thank you for reaching out to Weber.

I am very sorry to hear these issues have happened, and as you mentioned our team is aware of this.

We appreciate your patience as we continue to add feature improvements and enhancements.

I will reach back out once we receive an update.

Kind Regards,

Patric B

Weber Consumer Care Team

Weber-Stephen Products LLC

OP
Bruno

Bruno

SOTM Winner
Reaction score
Please email them so we can get this adressed.

AHoneyman

Reaction score
Oh, they are aware. I have at least 6 emails on this in the cue and a phone call. All have been referred to the same person. And these boards are monitored.

abmet

SOTM Winner
Reaction score
I submitted it two weeks ago and never heard back. I’m guessing got lost. I’ll send again, but they need to get this resolved quick.

AHoneyman

Reaction score
I submitted it two weeks ago and never heard back. I’m guessing got lost. I’ll send again, but they need to get this resolved quick.
Mine has been longer than that and the phone call was last week. And I got "We are working on it."

The problem that I have is that it does not appear that they have reached out to any one that has the issues. I think that they should be tearing units apart to find the common/different chips, boards, etc., that some of us have and others do not have.

johanns

Reaction score
I did a brisket yesterday and I had this happen numerous times. Had the unit set to 110Celcius and had to monitor consistently so I would not lose temp.

Did the update yesterday before my cook so definitely related to the new firmware.

Dassman5

Reaction score
Just cleaned the heck out of my SF and wanted to do a 600 degree burn to let everything left burn up.
At 270 I realized it had lost the target temp on the controller and wasn’t connected to my phone, I reset temp and it kept climbing.
Did it again at 500 and temp started dropping. I was 25-30 minutes in at that point I scraped my grates and shut her down.

I hope this gets worked out quick. Just ordered some new grates and the griddle pan for it.
Sounds exactly like what happened to me...the question now is: WHY? The only possible answer is a fault in the PID logic— possibly with the “D” function — at the mid-teenerature ranges, and possibly above, as my unit seems to be rock solid at smoking temps.

Dassman5

Reaction score
That time was 375, but have had it happen at 350 and 250 before.
Since I have been mostly running my unit for low and slow smokes, mostly at 230F and below or in Smoke Boost mode , I have never had that issue. The one I did have, however came when I raised the temp to 375...ran fine, then lost set-point after resetting itself. I then had to manually renter it.

Last edited:

Dassman5

Reaction score
Just received this response from Scott from Weber:

“Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Our software and engineering teams are actively looking into this issue and are working on a fix. Our customers are and always have been, our top priority; which is why we have prioritized direct consumer feedback and bug fixes into our robust, ever-evolving Weber Connect update plan for both SmokeFire grill and the Weber Connect smart grilling hub.
We appreciate your patience as we continue to add feature improvements and enhancements.”

Last edited:
OP
Bruno

Bruno

SOTM Winner
Reaction score
I’m sure they will get it worked out. It did a nice job yesterday on my chicken cook. I wouldn’t do a brisket or butt until they come out with an update addressing this issue.

Dassman5

Reaction score
I’m sure they will get it worked out. It did a nice job yesterday on my chicken cook. I wouldn’t do a brisket or butt until they come out with an update addressing this issue.
Hence my problem: I have both fresh (now frozen) 16# USDA PRIME Full Packer brisket and two 8# pork butts in my freezer waiting for the confidence to do about overnight.

Latest Discussions