Pizza Stone

scarycrow

Reaction score
Grill
Smokefire EX4 v2
Any suggestions on a good pizza stone for both the bottom and top rack of an EX4 Smokefire V2?

I tried many but nothing beats my ooni koda , it’s an option you could consider

Ooni does make a good product and I have an Ooni Pro myself but for grill top pizza box something like the one linked below is good in my opinion because it a stone surround so if you pre-heat it enough, you should get a good consistent result. I had something similar to this before I bought an oven and had good results with it on my Summit. https://shop-usa.bakerstonebox.com/Pizza-Oven-Boxes/Original-Series-Pizza-Oven-Box.html Hope this helps.

Ooni does make a good product and I have an Ooni Pro myself but for grill top pizza box something like the one linked below is good in my opinion because it a stone surround so if you pre-heat it enough, you should get a good consistent result. I had something similar to this before I bought an oven and had good results with it on my Summit. https://shop-usa.bakerstonebox.com/Pizza-Oven-Boxes/Original-Series-Pizza-Oven-Box.html Hope this helps.
I had almost the same on my genesis, giving really good results also , fully agree with you

I tried many but nothing beats my ooni koda , it’s an option you could consider
I was just looking at the Koda. Do you have a 12 or 16? Would you recommend it?

Go to Lowe's or Home Depot, buy a couple of 16" square UNFINISHED plain tiles. They work very well and when they get too oily/dirty, toss them and get a couple more

I was just looking at the Koda. Do you have a 12 or 16? Would you recommend it?
I have the 12, enough because we’re mostly only 2 , I´m reaching 800 on the pizza stone which is perfect for a good crust. The size depends on how many pizza and the size of the pizza

Ibeen using a pizza steel with good results and no worries that I will crack it

I use this Emile Henry stone that have had for many years.

Attachments

• D772192A-D917-4876-ACFF-2118B022DA96.jpeg
    D772192A-D917-4876-ACFF-2118B022DA96.jpeg
    363.7 KB · Views: 21
In the gas oven, I used a stone for baking before switching to a steel plate (almost 1/4" thick) , and would not go back to stone. I have not tried it in the SF but I would think a steel plate (probably would get 1/8) would do good job. If you eat a lot of pizza I do think that something like the Ooni is worth considering.

Latest Discussions

Back