Going through a lot of pellets

Bill E.

Reaction score
Grill
SmokeFire EX6
I think I saw this on another thread but cant find it. It seems to me that each smoke is going through pellets faster than before. Have not changed anything. Anybody else seeing this? Thanks

Not on smokes , i was suprised how well it did on a brisket and pork butt . I have noticed on high heat cooks but i don’t have anything to base it on cause i haven’t had another pellet grill

I have not noticed and to be honest, high heat cooks up to 600 seem to use a handful for me. As for low and slow, it seems to vary, sometime it feels like a ton sometimes not. I’m more or less conditioned though to go through a bag on a brisket or a butt or two or three.😃

I have not noticed and to be honest, high heat cooks up to 600 seem to use a handful for me. As for low and slow, it seems to vary, sometime it feels like a ton sometimes not. I’m more or less conditioned though to go through a bag on a brisket or a butt or two or three.😃
The consumption you mention on slow smokes in your SF mirrors my experience. It also compares favorably in terms of cost with the use of briquettes + hard wood hickory or mesquite on the WSM 22” when doing multiple butts or a large brisket over a 20 to 22 hour run.. The advantage with the SF EX4 is that cleanup is much faster and easier.

I noticed as well but thought it might have been the new pellets I’m using pit masters choice guess not.

Latest Discussions

Back