Cold Smoking With The Smokefire?

whoareya

2x SOTM Winner
Reaction score
Grill
EX4
Looking to order one of those A-MAZE-N AMNPS Maze Pellet Smoker things so I can use the pellets to cold smoke bacon, cheese, salmon and nuts.

Have done it plenty of times with dust on my old bullet smoker, but that had airflow on the top and bottom, wondering if anyone had tried it on their Smokefire and if it worked, as not sure on the airflow situation with the Smokefire?

I know people with Yoders that take the exhaust and run through a tube to cool down before they pass the smoke over cheese. Harder to do with the SF.

I know people with Yoders that take the exhaust and run through a tube to cool down before they pass the smoke over cheese. Harder to do with the SF.

Have always cold smoked on my bullet smoker in the past with dust, more worried about airflow, but if the smokefire is capable, fancy giving it ago on it.

Tend to do my cold smoking following the seasons, late summer & spring for salmon when the internal temp of the smoker can be around 25C with the outside weather conditions

Autumn, Winter when the outside temp is below 8C to keep it a lot cooler inside the smoker for Cheese and Bacon etc. Still got my bullet smoker, but just the extra space and large quantity of pellets I have, be nice to use the Smokefire.

The problem is that the SF does not have a single stack but triple slits for the smoke to escape. Now, one could do a modification. Not at the moment.

I’ll be interested in the outcome of this thread. Please keep us update with your success or otherwise. Thanks

For bottom draft just open clean out draw. If you think you have to much top draft cover some of the vents with tape, it won't get hot enough to hurt anything

For bottom draft just open clean out draw. If you think you have to much top draft cover some of the vents with tape, it won't get hot enough to hurt anything
Great idea!

I have used the A-MAZE-N AMNPS Maze Pellet Smoke with my EX6 to cold smoke Salmon Lox. I had no problem with amount of smoke in the cook chamber. I placed my cured salmon on a drying screen on the warming shelf and the little smoker with the pellets on the grates below and to the side to make sure my fish did not cook. I generally only smoke my salmon lox for 20-30 minutes. There was plenty of smoke in the chamber and it lasted for an hour after I removed my fish, with only being half full of pellets.

Thanks for all the replies, definitely going to give this ago and try some of the ideas out. Once I get some replacement parts from Weber to get my machine up and running again.

In the end decided to go with the new cold smoking cabinet from ProQ

Should hold 2.5 kgs of cheese or 1.5kg of pork belly for bacon per rack. I will need to hang a side of salmon, but should comfortably hold 2 or 3 sides., more than ample for my needs

Attachments

• IMG_0544.JPG
    IMG_0544.JPG
    189.4 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_0545.JPG
    IMG_0545.JPG
    179.8 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_0546.JPG
    IMG_0546.JPG
    281.5 KB · Views: 59

Latest Discussions

Back