Who's getting the Weber Searwood?

Nice! Well I went to smoke some turkey and got the E7 motor failure, so I might be in market too.
Setup was pretty straightforward, just don't fully tighten screws when putting on legs/Frame. Took around 90 minutes. Connected to wifi and my phone with no problems. Grill started right up and burn in heated up to 450 no problem. Only threw a pork tenderloin on quickly, turned out great. Mother in law said " best pork loin ever", she is a pretty low bar :). Plan on trying it on high heat today or tomorrow to see how it does.

Attachments

• 17118311154984223152657343862999.jpg
    17118311154984223152657343862999.jpg
    399.3 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:
Good Morning Gents!

Looking at the new Searwood is so tempting to try 😁
Found this image on one site around new feeding and burning system,
flat bottom looks to be quite good, but any thoughts around adding smokefire pellet grate to increase height and consistency of the burning?
anyone else have dismantled auger feeding system? Does it looks to be more stable comparing to smoke fire? Try to look into reviews but didn’t found anything 🙂↕️

Another question for owners of the smokefire do we need to upgrade? Or better to wait for gen 2 when all potential issues might be fixed? 🙄

Attachments

• IMG_3754.jpeg
    IMG_3754.jpeg
    476.6 KB · Views: 61
I had an EX4 that I returned using the Weber 90 day trial warrenty that they offered. It was an okay pellet smoker but I was kind of shocked at the build quality of the unit. Thin steel that felt very unlike my Genesis gasser.

I have owned multiple smokers over the years including ceramic smokers, WSM, a drum smoker and some others.

I heard about the Searwood a few months ago and was very curious. I happened to see my first one today at my local ACE Hardware. From the start, it seems much more substantial. Perhaps not from a total weight standpoint but the cast aluminum body and lid feel very solid. The legs and the way they are attached also make the unit feel much more substantial as well. It feels more like a Genesis.

I am on board with many of you as far as being very curious about this unit but would really like to see some reviews and YouTube videos on it before I buy one.

The good thing is that inventory is hitting stores and we should start to hear more about them soon.

I had an EX4 that I returned using the Weber 90 day trial warrenty that they offered. It was an okay pellet smoker but I was kind of shocked at the build quality of the unit. Thin steel that felt very unlike my Genesis gasser.

I have owned multiple smokers over the years including ceramic smokers, WSM, a drum smoker and some others.

I heard about the Searwood a few months ago and was very curious. I happened to see my first one today at my local ACE Hardware. From the start, it seems much more substantial. Perhaps not from a total weight standpoint but the cast aluminum body and lid feel very solid. The legs and the way they are attached also make the unit feel much more substantial as well. It feels more like a Genesis.

I am on board with many of you as far as being very curious about this unit but would really like to see some reviews and YouTube videos on it before I buy one.

The good thing is that inventory is hitting stores and we should start to hear more about them soon.
Good info. Thanks

Decided to pick up a Searwood today. Currently doing the initial burn-in. Will post some more info as I get to use it.

Attachments

• IMG_0150.jpeg
    IMG_0150.jpeg
    328.2 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_0151.jpeg
    IMG_0151.jpeg
    505.4 KB · Views: 38
I'm on the fence with this... I've been a Kamado guy for a long time, but got the itch a couple years ago for a pellet, but haven't jumped in yet. Looked at every brand, but never bought. I'm now 90% sure I'm getting one in near term, wife approval documented! haha, and am leaning towards the SW. But a little hesitant due to Smokefire issues...and I never like buying first generation of anything if I can help it. Of course all of the current ones I'm looking at are new models, so WTH...

It's down to 3: the Searwood XL, GMG Prime 2, or RecTeq Backyard Beast.

Anyone that already bought the SW encountering any issues, or love it already??

Last edited:
Back