Spritzed them and rotated after photo.

Ok. Done and done.

D1742C69-C850-4A26-9600-D56DD0B00751.jpeg
9FADC625-A9AD-40AA-B799-7E069F08C25A.jpeg
B9555059-7727-497F-AB83-CEF55463A916.jpeg
400D848D-45E4-4F46-BE30-31807407F1F5.jpeg
6B4E73AD-A875-4380-9E01-279053BDE511.jpeg
85F00790-455E-4C86-837E-C4A8DF89AA09.jpeg

What's everyone have planned to cook this weekend on the SmokeFire?
First post ever on this forum. Just got an EX-6 1st generation on clearance and upgraded the parts to Generation 2. My wife asked me to smoke some salmon so I followed the recipe on Weber's website. Salt/pepper, 1 hour on SmokeBoost, about
IMG_20220605_123704.jpg
another hour at 225 degrees until the internal temp reached 140 degrees. Turned out so great my wife said she wants this every week!

Smoked stuffed pork chops stuffed with gouda and bacon with bone dust and spicy brown mustard exterior

Attachments

• 16544572772773224386970862248297.jpg
    16544572772773224386970862248297.jpg
    416.8 KB · Views: 7
Did these two ~8 pound butts last weekend. In the cooker for nearly 23 hours at 225°F and no issues at all. Other than adding pellets a couple times and an occasional leveling them to nullify the void, the SmokeFire was flawless as usual.
2DE622AE-B9B4-4F2C-B3FC-CBABDE3E46BC.jpeg

Just some chicken tenders with Malcom’s hot rub and Heath Riles honey chipotle with a splash of lanes Q Nami. Had some macaroni salad and pickles as sides.
149FF6D8-EAD0-4C9A-ADCE-825C91ECE637.jpeg
10D0CB7E-E467-4554-A6DC-ED867E77723D.jpeg

I think these were some of best ribs I’ve made. 3-2-1 method with Oakridge Dominator rib rub. When wrapped in foil added Jack stack sauce, brown sugar, and honey.
6AB360E4-80A1-41E6-83BD-BD9188E206FA.jpeg

Last night's pizza. It was a learning experience. I put two Misen baking steels on the grill. They are each the size of a quarter sheet pan. Set the temp to 400 to start preheating the steels. Mostly because I've only had the steels up to 550 in my oven and I didn't want any surprises. The steels smoked a lot for the first 5-10 minutes, burning off my last pizza's residue? I raised the temp to 600 and went inside to make the pizzas. For cooking in the oven, I make my pizzas on parchment and slide the parchment onto the baking stones and steels using a pizza pan as a peel. I usually make three at a time in the oven, one on each rack. I decided to do rectangular pizzas the size of the steels on parchment. I decided to just do two so I had less to manage for the first pizza experience. Topped with some of my standard toppings. One with cheddar, spinach, red onion, kalamata olives, and a bit of feta. The other with cheddar, red onion and black garlic. Used cutting boards to slide them onto the steel. I had no idea how fast they would cook. I set the timer for 5 minutes. The bottoms were definitely done, the tops could have used another minute or two. The spinach one was pretty charred on the bottom. The other one was less charred on the bottom. I can't remember which side of the grill the spinach one was on. Everything happened really fast with these pizzas.

For next time, if I cook them at 600, I might try steels on the upper rack. I will definitely make thicker pizzas. Maybe preheat the steels for less time? In my oven, I preheat the steels and stones for 45-60 minutes. I definitely need more work space. It was easy to get the pizzas off the grill and onto the baking sheet. Just like when I do them in the oven, I pulled them off with a large fork. In the oven, I usually pull the parchment from between the pizza and the stone at 4-5 minutes. The heat proof gloves I bought are way to bulky and clumsy for my hands.

I ordered this stainless steel side table today. With the $30 off coupon on it, it wasn't much more than the Weber side table and I think it will offer a lot more flexibility. I'm pretty sure that it doesn't have the option to add casters, but at 19 pounds, I can easily move it around if I need to. I like the idea of the back lip so I don't lose things over the back. https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07QX9W3ZT/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Attachments

• pizza.jpg
    pizza.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 11
Last night's pizza. It was a learning experience. I put two Misen baking steels on the grill. They are each the size of a quarter sheet pan. Set the temp to 400 to start preheating the steels. Mostly because I've only had the steels up to 550 in my oven and I didn't want any surprises. The steels smoked a lot for the first 5-10 minutes, burning off my last pizza's residue? I raised the temp to 600 and went inside to make the pizzas. For cooking in the oven, I make my pizzas on parchment and slide the parchment onto the baking stones and steels using a pizza pan as a peel. I usually make three at a time in the oven, one on each rack. I decided to do rectangular pizzas the size of the steels on parchment. I decided to just do two so I had less to manage for the first pizza experience. Topped with some of my standard toppings. One with cheddar, spinach, red onion, kalamata olives, and a bit of feta. The other with cheddar, red onion and black garlic. Used cutting boards to slide them onto the steel. I had no idea how fast they would cook. I set the timer for 5 minutes. The bottoms were definitely done, the tops could have used another minute or two. The spinach one was pretty charred on the bottom. The other one was less charred on the bottom. I can't remember which side of the grill the spinach one was on. Everything happened really fast with these pizzas.

For next time, if I cook them at 600, I might try steels on the upper rack. I will definitely make thicker pizzas. Maybe preheat the steels for less time? In my oven, I preheat the steels and stones for 45-60 minutes. I definitely need more work space. It was easy to get the pizzas off the grill and onto the baking sheet. Just like when I do them in the oven, I pulled them off with a large fork. In the oven, I usually pull the parchment from between the pizza and the stone at 4-5 minutes. The heat proof gloves I bought are way to bulky and clumsy for my hands.

I ordered this stainless steel side table today. With the $30 off coupon on it, it wasn't much more than the Weber side table and I think it will offer a lot more flexibility. I'm pretty sure that it doesn't have the option to add casters, but at 19 pounds, I can easily move it around if I need to. I like the idea of the back lip so I don't lose things over the back. https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07QX9W3ZT/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I’m a big proponent of the upper rack. You get the heat reflecting off the lid and top of the barrel to help finish the top of your pizza before the crust gets too dark. Nice post. Looking forward to seeing your progression with the pizzas.

I’m a big proponent of the upper rack. You get the heat reflecting off the lid and top of the barrel to help finish the top of your pizza before the crust gets too dark. Nice post. Looking forward to seeing your progression with the pizzas.
JpsBBQ, thanks for the advice. Definitely upper rack next time. Probably next weekend. Homemade 🍕 is very important!

Latest Discussions

Back