Okay, it's official: I'm OUT! (But still happy to be here!)

100 times easy!! My WSM is a decoration at this point.
That says something right there, because the WSM is a GREAT unit. The versatility and ease of use is down right addictive with the SF. Happy grilling and smoking!

I have extensive experience with a variety of pellet cookers and appreciate all of them in some manner. The SF is incredibly more versatile than the others and the design is truly unique. It’s a whole new category.

I wouldn’t say it is unique at all. The RecTeq has done the same exact thing for years. I suspect the 3rd Gen SmokeFire will have sorted out the bugs and it will be a solid competitor. But it needs to be built more like the Genesis and not be a beta test.

I wouldn’t say it is unique at all. The RecTeq has done the same exact thing for years. I suspect the 3rd Gen SmokeFire will have sorted out the bugs and it will be a solid competitor. But it needs to be built more like the Genesis and not be a beta test.
Absolutely not true. Also, I think the bugs are sorted out. It is fair to criticize the fact they rolled it out before it was ready and people should suffer the corporate consequences. The rec tek is not the same. That said, you do you. Enjoy.

Absolutely not true. Also, I think the bugs are sorted out. It is fair to criticize the fact they rolled it out before it was ready and people should suffer the corporate consequences. The rec tek is not the same. That said, you do you. Enjoy.
Nothing grills like the SF, the flavorizer bars caused a bit of grief early because they aren’t a huge sheet pan, but that is also what allows this beast to go up to 600 and sear the hell out of a steak.
I love my SF, the biggest problem I have with it is now it’s the only grill I want to use!

Frankly after owning a Traeger Texas Elite 34 for almost 4 years and a Weber Kettle I have found my way full circle to NOT wanting anything that has a computer or auger or any kind of technical gadgetry! So my gift to myself is going to be a new Weber Kettle and I am a happy camper with an extra 1K in my pocket. My bbq needs are quite simple. Funny that it took all these hassles to get me back to some simplicity. I am not saying I will never buy a SmokeFire. Just not right now.
I can respect what you stated. I’ve gone from “cooking” a lot of food over broken branches, cut up pieces of wood, even lighting C-4 while in Vietnam and cooking out of my helmet while sitting on a stump, broken chairs, the ground, in wet jungles, to different BBQ type grills, up to three different Treager grills and now my first Weber. Personally, I’ve had it with anything that is electronic and smarter than me. I highly respect all who has mastered these metal, electronic pieces of work and the many enjoyable meals that they’ve produced.
I’ll continue onwards with my new Weber EX6 and hope I can somehow produce an enjoyable meal. If not, I’m reverting back to the older and somewhat enjoyable method of eating burnt meat, under the stars while savoring an ice cold beer with smoke surrounding me.

Keep your delusion I don’t give a f. Go cry to your mama. I was here way before you. My Recteq grills hotter than your ridiculous tin can.
Lol, you were here way before me? Where on this earth or forum?
I can respect what you stated. I’ve gone from “cooking” a lot of food over broken branches, cut up pieces of wood, even lighting C-4 while in Vietnam and cooking out of my helmet while sitting on a stump, broken chairs, the ground, in wet jungles, to different BBQ type grills, up to three different Treager grills and now my first Weber. Personally, I’ve had it with anything that is electronic and smarter than me. I highly respect all who has mastered these metal, electronic pieces of work and the many enjoyable meals that they’ve produced.
I’ll continue onwards with my new Weber EX6 and hope I can somehow produce an enjoyable meal. If not, I’m reverting back to the older and somewhat enjoyable method of eating burnt meat, under the stars while savoring an ice cold beer with smoke surrounding me.
Thanks for your service.

Latest Discussions

Back