Low Pellet Warning not Working?

MrPhilGrillTX

SOTM Winner
Reaction score
Grill
EX6 (+ a kettle from 2003)
The last two cooks I did (Saturday and Sunday), I expected the low pellet warning to trigger, but it didn't. I opened the hopper, and saw that the window was uncovered, but no alert was given in the app or on the screen. When the iOS alerts were not working, I would get that alert, but now I don't. I did notice that many of the temp alerts were doubled, even in the app. I've done maybe 6 cooks, so I'm not super experienced with this thing, but I'm really enjoying everything that's come off it, other than maybe the burgers, which are ok.

Anyone else notice this?

(Anyone hurrying out to check their hopper during a cook? 🤪)

The last two cooks I did (Saturday and Sunday), I expected the low pellet warning to trigger, but it didn't. I opened the hopper, and saw that the window was uncovered, but no alert was given in the app or on the screen. When the iOS alerts were not working, I would get that alert, but now I don't. I did notice that many of the temp alerts were doubled, even in the app. I've done maybe 6 cooks, so I'm not super experienced with this thing, but I'm really enjoying everything that's come off it, other than maybe the burgers, which are ok.

Anyone else notice this?

(Anyone hurrying out to check their hopper during a cook? 🤪)
Yeah I’ve noticed those issues as well. Not too big a deal here and hopefully new firmware update will take care of some of those things.

I am in the habit for years now of topping off pellets or charcoal if there is even a doubt. It’s not like it’s perishable. Unless you are using old school briquettes which are 1/2 binder and not even charcoal. Those absorb too much moisture and are basically junk IMO.

I had a similar issue a few weeks back, I ended up getting a low temp warning only to find my hopper was empty. I didn't get a low fuel warning.

I suppose my habit of checking the initial level and filling the hopper is due to the whole low pellet warning being a relatively new technology. It was manual check for the decade or so preceding. 🤣

Back