GBS system šŸ˜€

Bruno

3x SOTM Winner
Reaction score
Picked up the GBS grate and a griddle thanks to JPšŸ˜€šŸ‘šŸ»!
seasoning right now, going to do some chicken and potatoes this afternoon. Right after the Niners beat the crappy Seahawks!
6713C9F3-5C80-4043-B9E4-D053A30F3912.jpeg

66378EA8-BA1E-468C-A0B5-04D50C134038.jpeg
Only been on for 15 minutes,
Surprised how much ash is in the pan.
SmokeFire so close yet so far.

Having a hard time getting that griddle pan clean, I tried to season it and read after I shouldnā€™t have.
what does yours look like after a few uses.
Thanks
image.jpg

Having a hard time getting that griddle pan clean, I tried to season it and read after I shouldnā€™t have.
what does yours look like after a few uses.
Thanks View attachment 2353
Yeah, they are porcelain enamel. Mine looks like brand new. Unless you somehow burned off the coating, it should come clean. It almost looks like you did burn it off. Do you have any barkeepers friend handy? That stuff cleans up porcelain enamel like new.

Boiled some water in it last night it looks much better.
However the porcelain coating on my griddle is nothing like the coating on my sear grate or Q-300 grates.
Mine is very dull and rough, is this common?
3586A7C6-1449-49F4-99FF-134D04A286EE.png
Sorry that pic is if it when it was new. It definitely doesnā€™t look like that now.

Last edited:
Boiled some water in it last night it looks much better.
However the porcelain coating on my griddle is nothing like the coating on my sear grate or Q-300 grates.
Mine is very dull and rough, is this common?
View attachment 2360
Yeah, it must be a pretty rough surface under the coating, but looks like you got it cleaned up darn nice.

I finally got that thing cleaned up from my ā€œseasoningā€, I have a few Lodge CI skillets that season up really nice so I was thinking I would try the same, DONā€™T DO IT!

Iā€™m cooking on it tonight and i hope it cleans up easier than last time! Itā€™s a nice set up for sure.

View attachment 2327Only been on for 15 minutes,
Surprised how much ash is in the pan.
SmokeFire so close yet so far.
This is a big reason I like it so much, you can use independently from the removable grate section Like you show it here. Iā€™ve done egg scrambles, fajitas, veggies and taters etc and have been pleased. Hope you get a lot of enjoyment out of it!

Latest Discussions

Back