Center sear grate?

primeone

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I was watching a video produced by Weber Grills UK and noticed a center sear grate. I wonder if we'll see this feature on the US versions?

weber-sear-grate-smokefire.png

Here is the video:

The item you see in the video is on a gas grill that was shown using this item. https://www.amazon.com/Weber-7586-G...weber+wok&qid=1578115471&s=lawn-garden&sr=1-6

It looks like it will fit the Smokefire EX4 perfectly but it would not cover the full width of the EX6 but would still usable if centered. Obviously this would be a nice addition to the Smokefire. The depth of the grates is 17.5 inches so it should fit. This is for the Weber Spirit 300 series

It's interesting the would choose to highlight that grill in the Smoke Fire video. It would be a nice addition if it does fit and work.

I saw the manual and assembly instructions for the European countries when looking for the US ones. It shows that the European models come standard with a grate that supports the Weber Gourmet BBQ System. I've heard in the past that Weber includes more accessories with European grills.

A wok burner and the pellet burn pot put off very similar fire shapes is you remove the diffusor above the burn pot... I don't know the BTU output of the burn pot but if it can make the whole grill 600F (yet to be seen) it should be able to fire a wok. The fact that it requires almost no modification to work is pretty cheap feature integration for weber. I think it would be hard to ignore.

Some of the pellet grills have a sliding door over the deflector/diffusor for searing. this would help to not take the grill apart each time. The controller could have a different feed/fan program for optimal "flame" that gets upgraded in a firmware update at a later time. A stainless or cast iron funnel could guide the heat directly upward... i think I just invented something.

Ok some information from europe ;)

First the Weber SmokeFires are called SmokeFire EX6 GBS (link), aprox 1620 USD and respectively SmokeFire EX4 GBS (link), aprox 1295 USD. Follow the links and you will get to the Dutch product pages. Next to that you will find also these 2 youtube movies interesting one by NasQ BBQ (Link) and one by Noskos BBQ (link) they made them at a launch event in the Netherlands you can see the european versions in detail. If I recall correctly it is Noskos BBQ who shows that the griddle/plancha (link) of the summit fits in the EX6 GBS.

Check NasQ BBQ at 2.25 seconds, mmmmmm so nice. The GBS Sear Grate in action on the EX6 GBS.

If I can identify some more differences I will post them.

Last edited:
The NasQ video is way cool. Its aggravating that Europe gets all the cool stuff. That Weber store is a guys toy store.

Just made an observation watching those two videos. The pellet chute to the firebox seems to be installed under the flavorizer bar bracket. These videos were made at the Weber store. I had mine under the bracket and then moved it after reading several posts where Weber was telling folks the chute goes on top of the bracket. It’s these conflicing instructions that give me the willies.

I was watching a video produced by Weber Grills UK and noticed a center sear grate. I wonder if we'll see this feature on the US versions?

View attachment 12
I’m in it for the long haul with Weber on the smoke fire. Since we seem to be assisting with the beta testing I’d like to find a way to do some FREE beta testing on these bad boys, a shelf and some substantial castors that I can move this thing around my yard.

pretty cool!

I’m in it for the long haul with Weber on the smoke fire. Since we seem to be assisting with the beta testing I’d like to find a way to do some FREE beta testing on these bad boys, a shelf and some substantial castors that I can move this thing around my yard.

pretty cool!
I'd be happy to be a free beta tester for any accessories too!

Latest Discussions

Back