WSR vs WSM

I’ve never heard anyone complain about the flavor of the product that the smokefire puts out. In fact it’s always complimentary. It’s all the other stuff that bothers people.
Exactly, when my grill works, the food I prepare on it is excellent, some of the best I’ve ever cooked. I understand that there is a Firmware update in testing that should address the issues 🤞

After a handful of cooks on my SF EX6 I just sold my WSM this past weekend. Now I hope my SF doesn't crap out on me lol
Sad that is even a thought, but certainly one of my concerns as well.

I have both the SF and the WSM. I use an electronic device that operates a fan to better control the temp on the WSM which can be an issue if you don't pay attention. The WSM can be a cleanup issue if you put it away dirty. I agree with dadhastoomany grills regarding the SF. BTW I have 5 on my deck, all Weber. My last two cooks have been perfect, a 350 for an hour and a 275 for 3. I am convinced a lot of the problem is the "plug" that forms at the base of the auger due to reversing at shutdown. If you get low on pellets in the hopper, empty said hopper and shop vac the auger. Clean your vac first and reuse the pellets. I bet the first cook will be perfect.
When it became apparent a few weeks ago that the sawdust accumulation or grinding could be a problem, I used all the pellets in the hopper in order to check on sawdust accumulation on mine. At that point there was a fair amount of dust, but my WSF was still running completely fine. I cleaned out the accumulation with a shop vac and went on about my day.
Two days ago I was getting near the bottom of the hopper again so I decided to run it out and check on sawdust again. This time there was very little accumulation.
I've just put it in the back of my mind that once a month or so I'll run the pellets out and check for too much dust, just a maintenance item for me

When it became apparent a few weeks ago that the sawdust accumulation or grinding could be a problem, I used all the pellets in the hopper in order to check on sawdust accumulation on mine. At that point there was a fair amount of dust, but my WSF was still running completely fine. I cleaned out the accumulation with a shop vac and went on about my day.
Two days ago I was getting near the bottom of the hopper again so I decided to run it out and check on sawdust again. This time there was very little accumulation.
I've just put it in the back of my mind that once a month or so I'll run the pellets out and check for too much dust, just a maintenance item for me

As much as I have had my issues with the reliability of my SmokeFire recently, this latest update appears to have addressed them. I've had two very successful cooks in a row which is something I have been unable to do in a long time. Cooked pizza at 400 degrees a few days ago and the grill performed flawlessly. Reached 400 degrees pretty quickly, and then held the temp very well. It also recovered very quickly when I opened the door to add food or rotate my pizzas. Then I cooked a pork butt for about 5 hours using the smoke boost and the results were amazing. The grill held temp perfectly, and the smoke boost function worked exactly as described. The remote monitoring of the grill, and ability to change temp remotely worked perfectly allowing me to monitor my cook and adjust temp (including disengaging smoke boost) while working in my home office without every going out to the grill. I'm cautiously optimistic, though I will need more successful cooks to be convinced.

Back