WOK GBS on open fire

FoX13000

Reaction score
Grill
SmokeFire EX4, Kamado Joe Classic II, Genesis II E310
I'm asking myself if we can use the GBS wok on top op the open flame. Without flavorizer bars and heat deflector.
If we add the flavorizer bars, and heat deflector, the heat will not be aggressive enough for proper "wokking" I guess.
Any thoughts? Has anyone done this?

I'm asking myself if we can use the GBS wok on top op the open flame. Without flavorizer bars and heat deflector.
If we add the flavorizer bars, and heat deflector, the heat will not be aggressive enough for proper "wokking" I guess.

Although I've not put my GBS Wok straight over hot coals, I can't see why not as it's pretty sturdy. This article on weber's website seems to elude that kind of usage.

Easy enough to do, try it and send pictures.

Although I've not put my GBS Wok straight over hot coals, I can't see why not as it's pretty sturdy. This article on weber's website seems to elude that kind of usage.

That looks more like the Weber Wok Kit I have for my Summit s-670 grill. Mine sets in the center over the sear burners and is supported by the round ring insert. I know that make a similar unit for the SmokeFire series.

You have the GBS grates right?

You have the GBS grates right?
I have them on my summit s-670 and when I use the WOK over the center 3 burner sear section it heats up extremely fast. In fact, if I use it with the flavorizer bars removed I need to cut back on the gas flames a bit...I do not see why is would not work the same on the SmokeFire, but I did not get them for my ex4.

I have them on my summit s-670 and when I use the WOK over the center 3 burner sear section it heats up extremely fast. In fact, if I use it with the flavorizer bars removed I need to cut back on the gas flames a bit...I do not see why is would not work the same on the SmokeFire, but I did not get them for my ex4.
I was wondering if the OP had a s
Yes I do. European version.
You’re golden then, pull the heat deflectors and make something good!!

Latest Discussions

Back