What does everyone think of their Smoke Fire now

JohnHarley

Reaction score
I canceled my order back last winter because of all the problems they were having. Now over a year later I was wondering are all the bugs worked out? For the one’s that have owned theirs a while, are they worth it or should I look elsewhere for a smoker. I still notice some people are having problems.

I picked mine up like in feb 2020…had a fuse go out, then did perfectly fine until started having flame outs. They sent me the upgrades, put them in a few months ago, been fine every since, no issues. I do keep it cleaned up though. After every 2-3 cooks I vacuum it out real good. I personally think it’s worth it. Very versatile. Long low and slow, and hot n fast can be done….

It’s a no brainer. At full retail the thing is a beast. At 200 off and a 100 day money back guarantee, we’ll nuf said. Great cooker.

I picked mine up from some dude that bought it at an auction. It had an initial burn done on it. Picked it up for 600.00. Rarely does a week go by that I dont cook something on it.

I got mine (2nd gen) the end of April this year. I love it. Had zero issues and cooks have been extremely consistent. I originally wanted one when they first came out but after reading the initial reviews waited. Glad I did.

I picked mine up from some dude that bought it at an auction. It had an initial burn done on it. Picked it up for 600.00. Rarely does a week go by that I dont cook something on it.
Is yours 1st or 2nd gen?

The Gen2 (some at least) is having problems... The Gen1 had (and still is) problems.
I feel the same about my Gen 2 as the day I placed the order almost 12 months ago.
I love it.

I am sort of in a love/hate relationship with mine. I purchased mine March 29, 2020, gen 1. I've had the auger, welded chute, ramp, etc. I love what I create with it. the food is delicious. I feel like sometimes the effort required to constantly keep the thing working is a bit much. Motor just went out :(

I am sort of in a love/hate relationship with mine. I purchased mine March 29, 2020, gen 1. I've had the auger, welded chute, ramp, etc. I love what I create with it. the food is delicious. I feel like sometimes the effort required to constantly keep the thing working is a bit much. Motor just went out :(
Has Weber replaced what broke or is it still under warranty?

Has Weber replaced what broke or is it still under warranty?
I'm still waiting on the warranty request (3 years, <2 to go), I submitted Monday. Was going to make a brisket this weekend, but guess I won't be doing that!

Just feel like i shouldn't be replacing all the parts multiple times on my $1k grill within a year and a half. So far i've replaced the main board once, control panel 2x, auger/chute once, sheered off the cotter pin, and had to replace the pot shield and flavorizer bar racks.

I'm still waiting on the warranty request (3 years, <2 to go), I submitted Monday. Was going to make a brisket this weekend, but guess I won't be doing that!

Just feel like i shouldn't be replacing all the parts multiple times on my $1k grill within a year and a half. So far i've replaced the main board once, control panel 2x, auger/chute once, sheered off the cotter pin, and had to replace the pot shield and flavorizer bar racks.
I would agree that Weber was in way over their head on this project but they are trying to dig out of their own hole.

I would agree that Weber was in way over their head on this project but they are trying to dig out of their own hole.
I love the grill, I've only ever created delicious meals on it. My family loves the briskets and just a regular steak tastes sooo good. I just need it to work :(

My experience has been pretty similar to scotticus. Purchased ex4 as soon as it was released 02/20. I've done all the upgrades, plus replaced the controller for a failed temperature port. Also had all internal parts replaced under warranty this month. Weber has been great about sending out parts. I love it when it works right, which is most of the time. I also still have issues with the app not connecting \ staying connected. Sometimes in just goes in a constant loop of connecting\connected\not connected. Wifi connection rarely works.

Early on I had a flame out and overflow of pellets. I guess the new auger and firmware fixed that. I hasn't happened again.

I haven't had any issues with the glow plug. But I did have the auger and fan both stop working 2 time during a brisket cook this 4th of July. No warning from the grill, the controller showed no signs of a problem. Was odd. I was in contact with Weber and someone was going to get back to me. It's been 2 weeks and not a word, but they did send out the internal parts.

Definitely still a love\hate relationship, but I'm not breaking up.

Back