Welded chute assembly, SmokeFire 69374

Cuisto

Reaction score
Hello,
Weber send me these part, someday know what it is? Is it only the rod???
Welded chute assembly, SmokeFire69374

jbrad889

Reaction score
It’s exactly what the description says. It’s a black welded chute, including an auger and new back plate for the motor.

OP
C

Cuisto

Reaction score
The representative told me it will send a new rod, the new motor is it in these assembly part?

jbrad889

Reaction score
The representative told me it will send a new rod, the new motor is it in these assembly part?
Not sure what you mean by rod, but to answer your other question, this does not include a motor. You will use your current motor with the new chute.

abmet

SOTM Winner
Reaction score
This is what I received and the order was listed as part # 69374.

B2F85040-D208-49D6-A1BB-982B7822E96D.jpeg

Sudz

Reaction score
Have you guys using the new chute had any problems with pellet packing up during reverse? It appears this should be an issue since driving the pellets back into the feed area must surely have difficulty going against the grain so to speak.

abmet

SOTM Winner
Reaction score
I have not so far, but only have 3 or 4 cooks since installed it.

AHoneyman

Reaction score
I must comment on the welded pellet chute and new auger combination (no new auger motor, I have version E). I have done four runs since I installed mine. I can not definitively say that these pieces cured everything because of the new app update in the middle of these runs. But the two new pieces of hardware, the new app, and me switching to Weber pellets have totally changed the way that my grill works. No temperature overshoots, no subsequent temp drops. I was going to do a double ham smoke today at low and slow to further check the SmokeFire function but it is raining.

Rickyjk619

Reaction score
Have you guys using the new chute had any problems with pellet packing up during reverse? It appears this should be an issue since driving the pellets back into the feed area must surely have difficulty going against the grain so to speak.
Long message sorry

I installed the welded auger chute on Friday. Cleaned from top to bottom with a shop vac getting ready for a big cook on Saturday. Fired it up on Saturday everything was flawless cooked from about 1000am to 7pm. I like to turn my smokers/grills to at least 500 at the end of each cook to burn off any residue and be ready for the next cook. Turned the dial to 500 and all that happened from there was temperature drops until it reached a E3 error code. So I let it shutdown waited about 15 minutes and tried a fresh start up. Once again E6 error code. This has happened two weekends in a row. I never had this problem until we had that firmware update. Today I do a full vacuum again fire it up to 600 it reaches 600 in less than 20 minutes. So now it’s experiment time. I turned it down to 250 to see if it would maintain. After a few minutes I notice it has dropped to 210. Eventually it caught back up to 250 and maintained. I think this thing is possessed. Great cook for a few hours then it decides its had enough and won’t run. Anyone have a answer or have similar issues? I did notice that I have a rev E motor not rev F.

Captainmike

SOTM Winner
Reaction score
I installed my new welded chute last Friday. I was having issues getting to 600 unless I had a freshly cleaned fire pot. Otherwise I would top out at about 545-550. Was a little issue with reverse searing, but not terrible. I brought it up to Weber support they were fantastic and shipped it to me right away. When I pulled out my old one I could see how jammed the pellet dust got into the gasket and how that buildup subsequently caused pellet feed issues for high temp cooking. Also the location and install of the cotter pin almost blocked and entire area of the auger where pellets could have been feeding. So on the new one I made sure to bend that cotter pin flat agains the back plate as much as possible.

Since the install, every time I do a long cook I crank it up to 600 just to see how it works. Every time without fail it now hits 600 in maybe 10 minutes max and holds strong!!! I purposefully have not cleaned my fire pot to see what happens about 6 cooks and still fires right up, from the 200 range coming for a few hours or whatever temp. When I start a low temp cook, it actually overshoots a little then settles back down. I.E. set for 225 and in about 10 min it will shoot to 250 then cool down. I like that performance curve much better.

I noticed, not only did the weld eliminate places for pellet dust to accumulate, the design also seems to provide more chute exposure to the auger, and I think that is also helping it feed more pellets into the auger than before.

I have also noticed that the flames from the fire pot are more evenly distributed between the right and left sides. Maybe more pellets filling the fire-pot properly??

Anyway - awesome progress. I can do the above with Weber pellets and PitBoss pellets no problems either way. I like the PitBoss and for cooking at high temps they are half the price and at high temps it chews up pellets.

Smoke/Grill on!!!

Attachments

Captainmike

SOTM Winner
Reaction score
Long message sorry

I installed the welded auger chute on Friday. Cleaned from top to bottom with a shop vac getting ready for a big cook on Saturday. Fired it up on Saturday everything was flawless cooked from about 1000am to 7pm. I like to turn my smokers/grills to at least 500 at the end of each cook to burn off any residue and be ready for the next cook. Turned the dial to 500 and all that happened from there was temperature drops until it reached a E3 error code. So I let it shutdown waited about 15 minutes and tried a fresh start up. Once again E6 error code. This has happened two weekends in a row. I never had this problem until we had that firmware update. Today I do a full vacuum again fire it up to 600 it reaches 600 in less than 20 minutes. So now it’s experiment time. I turned it down to 250 to see if it would maintain. After a few minutes I notice it has dropped to 210. Eventually it caught back up to 250 and maintained. I think this thing is possessed. Great cook for a few hours then it decides its had enough and won’t run. Anyone have a answer or have similar issues? I did notice that I have a rev E motor not rev F.
If I were you I would request the rev f. I would explain what you did above.

AHoneyman

Reaction score
Does anyone know the difference between version E and F of the auger motor? Mine is working fine at the moment with an E and I am a firm believer in "If it is not broken, don't fix it".

wjg

Reaction score
This is my second ex 4 (returned the first one). Last weekend in the middle of the 6 hour cook, my temperature dropped and kept going down. I shut down the unit and restarted it. The temperature reached the set 250 but 20 minutes later dropped to 170. Today I took the auger and chute assy out. My EX 4 has the newer black 1 piece chute and rev f. Any suggestions on what to do next? Has anyone else had a failure with the new "fixes". Yes, Im using Weber pellets and yes the software is current.

Dassman5

Reaction score
This is my second ex 4 (returned the first one). Last weekend in the middle of the 6 hour cook, my temperature dropped and kept going down. I shut down the unit and restarted it. The temperature reached the set 250 but 20 minutes later dropped to 170. Today I took the auger and chute assy out. My EX 4 has the newer black 1 piece chute and rev f. Any suggestions on what to do next? Has anyone else had a failure with the new "fixes". Yes, Im using Weber pellets and yes the software is current.
It is unclear, at least in my mind, whether or not you have the one-piece welded chute and auger assembly, but I doubt that is your problem. Rather it sounds like you have a problem with the firmware ( think corrupted) assuming that you were able to verify that pellets were feeding to the fire pot.

Weber does have a procedure to uninstall and reinstall (Reset) the firmware. You can access those in structions from the Weber.com site, or simply by going to the web and typing “reset the firmware on a Weber SmokeFire”. Good luck, as baring that solution you may have a controller issue.

Dassman5

Reaction score
Does anyone know the difference between version E and F of the auger motor? Mine is working fine at the moment with an E and I am a firm believer in "If it is not broken, don't fix it".
Others have reported that Weber told them that the “E &F” designations refer to the plant we’re they were manufactured, not upgrades. Doesn’t quite sound right, but...

Captainmike

SOTM Winner
Reaction score
Others have reported that Weber told them that the “E &F” designations refer to the plant we’re they were manufactured, not upgrades. Doesn’t quite sound right, but...
Yeah that’s what they told me, I had an F from the beginning (preorder in Jan, received Feb). When they sent me a new motor for troubleshooting they sent me a D and I questioned as to why I would put an older revision in my Smokefire. I took the cover off both motors, components look exactly the same to me.

Captainmike

SOTM Winner
Reaction score
Yeah that’s what they told me, I had an F from the beginning (preorder in Jan, received Feb). When they sent me a new motor for troubleshooting they sent me a D and I questioned as to why I would put an older revision in my Smokefire. I took the cover off both motors, components look exactly the same to me.
I was thinking if the F were a “newer” revision then I would not have had one already installed on an original unit?

Last edited:

Latest Discussions