Welded auger.

Bruno

SOTM Winner
Reaction score
Thinking about throwing the auger on today, any thoughts? Tips? How long does it take.

methodtical15

Reaction score

abmet

SOTM Winner
Reaction score
Yep took me about an hour too. Have something to put the hopper on if sitting on concrete to avoid scratches. I’d also have a bowl to put screws/nuts in. I like the magnetic ones.

ErikDabrowsky

Reaction score
I finally had a chance to install the upgraded auger/motor/chute assembly today. It took me about an hour. I skipped the step where it says to remove the pellet slide. Had no problems. It did make a difference on how fast the grill got to 600. I'll be updating my original post with the results later.

Riddle4x4

Reaction score
I finally had a chance to install the upgraded auger/motor/chute assembly today. It took me about an hour. I skipped the step where it says to remove the pellet slide. Had no problems. It did make a difference on how fast the grill got to 600. I'll be updating my original post with the results later.
Dealing with the hopper was the most annoying part. Maybe I should have skipped it too. The new auger/chute makes a difference. Enjoy!

Dassman5

Reaction score
Thinking about throwing the auger on today, any thoughts? Tips? How long does it take.
Took me about an hour start to finish, not including some time spent cleaning the grill inside and outside for the first time.

It is very straight forward, and I found it mush easier to do by putting the hopper on a step stool.

OP
Bruno

Bruno

SOTM Winner
Reaction score
Took me about an hour start to finish, not including some time spent cleaning the grill inside and outside for the first time.

It is very straight forward, and I found it mush easier to do by putting the hopper on a step stool.
Thanks, good idea.

Mikedub

Reaction score
Before I switched mine out the two piece auger seal failed. Smoke would come up through the pellet hopper. Anyone else?

Dassman5

Reaction score
Before I switched mine out the two piece auger seal failed. Smoke would come up through the pellet hopper. Anyone else?
No, but when I did switch mine out I noticed that there was some dark colored smoke stains around the old gasket and auger housing, leading me to believe that it would have happened before long.

Latest Discussions