Weekday cooks

JpsBBQ

Reaction score
Tried them at 350F this time in an effort to make the skin more palatable. Worked pretty well plus it got a lot more smoke flavor in an hour than I expected. Definitely a winner for a quick and inexpensive SF cook.
Yeah, the higher temp is key to crispy skin. I’ve gone as high as 400 for a while. A hack method is to sprinkle corn starch on the skin. This pulls the moisture out and basically air frys them. It’s almost magic.

JpsBBQ

Reaction score
I might have cooked some halibut in parchment last night but we will never know as there is no photographic evidence of the event. 😕

if I had done so I’m pretty sure it would have been delicious. I would have laid it on a bed of seasoned lemon slices and topped it off with additional seasoning before sealing up the hand crafted pouch. Mmm.

oh well maybe next time. 😜

bbqking

2x SOTM Winner
Reaction score
Grill
EX6, 2, 22” kettles, and a e310 gasser
Spinach, sundried tomatoes, goat cheese topped with walnuts and drizzled with honey. 🤤View attachment 3274
Walnuts on a burger?! That’s far out man! I do not like walnuts, but I might make an exception, here. Dutchie...no more back issues for you! You came back just killin it! You need to do pics for a magazine or something. Your pictures are all awesome!

JpsBBQ

Reaction score
Walnuts on a burger?! That’s far out man! I do not like walnuts, but I might make an exception, here. Dutchie...no more back issues for you! You came back just killin it! You need to do pics for a magazine or something. Your pictures are all awesome!
I wasn’t gonna be the first to comment, but I’ll pile on. Walnuts???? Is this a local/regional thingy?

AHoneyman

Reaction score
Yeah, the higher temp is key to crispy skin. I’ve gone as high as 400 for a while. A hack method is to sprinkle corn starch on the skin. This pulls the moisture out and basically air frys them. It’s almost magic.
My son does something with a short salt water rinse/wash/soak prior to grilling. The salt pulls the moisture out of the skin.

OP
DutchieCooks

DutchieCooks

2x SOTM Winner
Reaction score
Haha thanks. And was a first timer for me too and wasn't bad at all actually. 😂😂

abmet

SOTM Winner
Reaction score
Country style pork ribs

AFA0AAB0-F573-4F8B-8E81-791E9AC704E5.jpeg