Weekday cooks

OP
DutchieCooks

DutchieCooks

SOTM Winner
Reaction score
Have you dominated that February challenge or are you in a group that can keep up. Your cooks have been insane!!
Ya well how the pictures look has no influence on who wins. Otherwise I'll prob won most of the days lol. It's just your entry and they spin a wheel with all the names. I just wanted to challenge myself to see if I should invest in a real camera etc. Because I make these pictures with my phone.. and I probably will. Funny is couple companies reached out to me for free pellets etc. 😁 So ya joining this contest was a good idea lol

JpsBBQ

Reaction score
Did a couple of these simple and healthy cauliflower crust pizzas last night. One chicken and one steak. Easy peasy! A little blurry too. 😁
DBB3597D-0987-481E-B011-387DD6032FA8.jpeg

Last edited:

whoareya

Reaction score
Grill
EX4
First time using a cedar plank on the Smokefire, did a Honey & Soy Salmon with asparagus and baby potatoes, really tasty and the plank stood up to the cook way better than when I have used them on charcoal, both sides hardly look used after 360F for 45 minutes.

IMG_0679.JPG

IMG_0680.JPG

IMG_0683.JPG

Bruno

3x SOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ya well how the pictures look has no influence on who wins. Otherwise I'll prob won most of the days lol. It's just your entry and they spin a wheel with all the names. I just wanted to challenge myself to see if I should invest in a real camera etc. Because I make these pictures with my phone.. and I probably will. Funny is couple companies reached out to me for free pellets etc. 😁 So ya joining this contest was a good idea lol
It drives me nuts cause I can’t do it yet, but dude you take great pics.

Rustytrout58

Reaction score
Grill
Smokefire EX6
Working on my SOTM game!

Attachments

• 26CE590A-D654-4760-87BE-6C3DD05C92C6.jpeg
    26CE590A-D654-4760-87BE-6C3DD05C92C6.jpeg
    238.7 KB · Views: 9
  • 3A3DD3A0-65C1-4C74-BBB7-F6C8A28E40AF.jpeg
    3A3DD3A0-65C1-4C74-BBB7-F6C8A28E40AF.jpeg
    246.8 KB · Views: 9

jackmaelen

Reaction score
Grill
George Foreman Grill
My favorite dish is Steaks which I use to make after every 3 days. Let must share it's recipe with you guys:

Ingredients:
  • Thickish cut steak – no more than 2.5cm/1″ thick, because we want to cook this entirely on the stove (thicker cuts need to be finished in the oven). Ideal steaks: boneless rib eye / scotch fillet, porterhouse / New York, T-bone. Grade: takes high quality steak over the top amazing, really elevates economical steak.
  • Butter, garlic and fresh thyme

Step:

• Bring to room temp! This makes an amazing difference to cooking through evenly rather than ending up with a thick overcooked band in order for the very centre to be cooked to your liking;
  • Pat dry and season the steak generously with salt and pepper – this helps form that amazing crust we all know and love about great steaks;
  • Get your skillet SMOKING HOT before putting the steak in – again, for the crust
  • WARNING: The butter will sputter when you add the thyme, so stand back!
  • Take the steak off the stove BEFORE your desired internal temperature (see chart below) because the internal temperature will continue to rise as it rests; and
  • REST your steak for 5 to 10 minutes so it sucks its own juices back in and the fibres relax. This is a must-do step for any protein you cook hard and fast!

1614955404388.png

I use to make steaks on my Gas Grill which, I have recently bought. The advantage of using gas grill because, it enhances meat taste and tenderness.

whoareya

Reaction score
Grill
EX4
Look great, did some myself tonight, tried a new method where I put them in a ziploc bag with a cup of low salt chicken stock and a homemade rub for a couple of hours, drained them off & patted them dry and put some baking powder on them. 30 minutes on Smokeboost and 25 minutes @ 410F The skin crisped up lovely and the stock added loads of extra flavour. Shame the Smokefire decided controller decided to lock up and go into shutdown mode of its own accord when I lifted the lid towards the end, but luckily the wings had reached temp.