Weber SmokeFire Part 68935 Flavorizer bar bracket, EX-4

Does anyone think there will be aftermarket Stainless Steel after-market parts made for the EX4/6, in the near future, either by Weber or another manufacture? I use my EX6 quite a bit and do not seem to have the severe wear problems as some in this thread. I live in Maryland and the grill is outside all year long but under a Weber cover.

Does anyone think there will be aftermarket Stainless Steel after-market parts made for the EX4/6, in the near future, either by Weber or another manufacture? I use my EX6 quite a bit and do not seem to have the severe wear problems as some in this thread. I live in Maryland and the grill is outside all year long but under a Weber cover.
I think that’s doubtful. I suspect Weber will be quite generous with their claims as long as they feel they aren’t being taken advantage of in the process.

I think that’s doubtful. I suspect Weber will be quite generous with their claims as long as they feel they aren’t being taken advantage of in the process.
TY for the reply. My experience with the Weber repair of my EX6 was extremely positive. I usus the RX6 on average 3 times a week for a lot of different cooking tasks. Today it will be ribs and chicken with a side of pineapple wedges.

The supply chain issues are really bad. I've been waiting 6 weeks now for a replacement motor. I have used my smokefire ex6 almost everyday since I got it a couple years ago now and love it. Hate to say it but i am considering a different brand pellet smoker. Thoughts/suggestions?

The supply chain issues are really bad. I've been waiting 6 weeks now for a replacement motor. I have used my smokefire ex6 almost everyday since I got it a couple years ago now and love it. Hate to say it but i am considering a different brand pellet smoker. Thoughts/suggestions?
Im pretty sure supply chain issues aren't exclusive to Weber.

I live in possibly the mildest climate in the world, my brackets and chute rusted away.

It's strange..
I am have over 300 cooks on mine with probably a 50/50 split of 225f and 400-600f and all internal parts are fine.
I check before every cook expecting something but there isn't.

It's strange..
I am have over 300 cooks on mine with probably a 50/50 split of 225f and 400-600f and all internal parts are fine.
I check before every cook expecting something but there isn't.
That is one of the best things you can do, check before every cook. I usually do a deep clean after every 5 cooks, about every other week. Scrap down the inside and if needed scrape the flavorizer bars and burn pot flame diffuser. I also use a drip pan for all cooks except steaks.

After selling my EX4, I went back to my WSM and performer. Just found the Masterbuilt 800 on sale at Walmart for $497. I am going to try that. I prefer charcoal over pellets as they are much easier to pickup when I spill them;-)

After selling my EX4, I went back to my WSM and performer. Just found the Masterbuilt 800 on sale at Walmart for $497. I am going to try that. I prefer charcoal over pellets as they are much easier to pickup when I spill them;-)
Happy trails. I can’t say enough good things about the Smokefire. It is my single favorite cooker. I like the WSM and Weber summit charcoal, but the convenience of Smokefire coupled with the excellent results is really unmatched. You will definitely put out great food with the WSM and kettle. The hype has kinda dwindled on the gravity feed units on the low end scale. Good luck though. 🥃 cheers!

The supply chain issues are really bad. I've been waiting 6 weeks now for a replacement motor. I have used my smokefire ex6 almost everyday since I got it a couple years ago now and love it. Hate to say it but i am considering a different brand pellet

Don't really want to renew and older string but my EX4 gen2 was installed Mid 2021. It has always been kept under a roof completely protected in an outdoor kitchen. My EX4 brackets and the burn pot diffuser just rusted apart last weekend. Weber sent replacements (inside 3 years) but I assume out of warranty, these will be costly replacements at some point in the future if you cant stand rust. Wonder why some users have better results than others? Maybe avoid high heat at all times with the smoke fire?

Don't really want to renew and older string but my EX4 gen2 was installed Mid 2021. It has always been kept under a roof completely protected in an outdoor kitchen. My EX4 brackets and the burn pot diffuser just rusted apart last weekend. Weber sent replacements (inside 3 years) but I assume out of warranty, these will be costly replacements at some point in the future if you cant stand rust. Wonder why some users have better results than others? Maybe avoid high heat at all times with the smoke fire?
I think it’s likely they will just send you the parts in the future. Obviously, I cannot be sure.

Are these behaving worse than the equivalent in the gas grills?

While I do hope JpsBBQ is right on his prediction above, I did run across this website that has SmokeFire parts. From what I can tell - these are mostly all Weber parts, not knockoffs.

https://www.grillparts.com/weber/weber-smokefire-parts.asp?

They are pretty proud of them pricewise but at least they are out there for whenever the time comes that our warranties start to fade away.

Of note to 'ponsholm' they do have a 'burn pot diffuser'.

Back