Weber SmokeFire Cleaning Kit

primeone

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I saw this post on facebook for a SmokeFire starter cleaning kit along with several cleaning tips. I wanted to share it here as I thought it might be helpful for those that are new to the SmokeFire world.

smokefire-cleaning-kit.png

• Use a metal grate brush to clean the grates and then flip them upside down and do the same.
  • Use a metal putty scraper on the flavorizor bars and the center teepee. Give them a good scrape. Remove those and do the same to the heat baffle inside and out.

• Use a putty scraper to push the ash into the holes for the grease bin. Then scrape down the inside of the barrel with the putty scraper. It’s totally fine. No scratches.

• Use a small little tooth brush sized steel brush to get the crevices of the racking and inside the burn pot and around the burn pot. Any tight spaces.

• Use a small handheld broom to brush the rest of the ash and debris into the grease bin.
  • Use a portable DeWalt Shop Vac to vacuum out the rest of the barrel and the burn pot and everywhere else inside.

• Use white distilled vinegar to wipe the grease channel area real clean so they have no obstructions. You can also clean the ambient probe with the vinegar. That probe needs to be cleaned to work well consistently. Just be careful you don’t get the bottom connection wet.

• Then dump the grease bin, change the foil pan and vacuum out the drawer. Empty the Hopper completely and then vacuum out as much dust down the chute.

• Use Simple Green Grill Heavy Duty Foaming Spray on the exterior in sections and let it sit a few minutes and wipe down with a microfiber cloth. This stuff will take any carbon built up off with ease. Especially the build up that happens on the top of the grill crack vent and on the top of the Hopper lid.

• After that get a small bowl of hot water and just kind of wipe the residue of the Simple Green off.

• Sounds like a lot but really only takes a half hour or so and it’s spotless and shiny like a hot rod. Should have flames painted on it but no need. It shoots its own flames 🔥.

BBQ pit, I did buy a shop vac though, specially for the S.F.

I do like the Simple Green product shown in the ad. It keeps the outside shiny and cuts the smoke grease fairly well. I also use it on my arm after cleaning up the ash. I also get stripes on the backside of my arm from scrapping the inside. I got a can last year at HD on sale for $5 marked down from $18. Guess what a can costs on Amazon - $5.

Back