Weber is coming out with a “water” pan that will sit under the S.F. grates.

Yes to the best of my knowledge I continue to install updates....thanks for the suggestion!
Brad, are you running an Android or an iPhone? Androids have problems with the updates. Others have had to have assistance from iPhone friends.

Brad, are you running an Android or an iPhone? Androids have problems with the updates. Others have had to have assistance from iPhone friends.
Sorry for the late response have been using iPhone....thanks

The cutting board is on the website now listed as “coming soon” as well. Note they are also showing their front shelf and a glimpse of the left side shelf in one of the marketing photo. Hoping all these accessories are available soon. I’m sure the supply chain has been dramatically disrupted.
FCF0B8BE-BBE2-48ED-9B21-F743A806D08A.jpeg
F159334D-0854-4FBF-88BE-5589CF394AD9.png

Interesting the cutting board says “Fits and stores in the SmokeFire Side Table accessory”

Interesting the cutting board says “Fits and stores in the SmokeFire Side Table accessory”
Yeah, the left side table that will be out in the future might have storage integrated into it. You just see part of the left side table in the photo I posted above.

id really like to see a lower level shelf as well. I think that would tie the legs together better and make the entire chassis more stable and durable. There are zeros on each leg which is an obvious indicator that there was plans for one at some point.

I just don’t understand Weber marketing. Why do they wait so long to release these accessories. You know they were designed at the same time as the SmokeFire.
I whole heartedly agree. I can only surmise that the pandemic has really screwed things up. The supply chains are waaaay backed up.

While appreciate the innovative side of Weber I wish they would spend some of their energy fixing existing problems...I just watched my SF go from 250 degrees to 155 degrees in less than 10 minutes...I can not count how many meals have either been delayed or given up on this grill...have not cursed a grill as much as I have this one...not new to pellet grills owned Traeger and a MAK.... just got worse grill just “turned off safely...so much for dinner tonight!

I also had this issue. The problem was, that the burn pot was displaced and blocked the glow plug.
Check the manual and to the same thing as descriped under ERROR E3 and also check the position of the burn pot.

I got the wet smoke kit today. Plan on using it more as a drip pan. I like that it holds the pan slightly above the flavorizer bars, allowing full air flow in the WSF. It also lets you place the pan over the large flavorizer bar over the burn pit. Going to try it out this weekend.

.20200831_114157.jpg20200831_170138.jpg20200831_170233.jpg

I got the wet smoke kit today. Plan on using it more as a drip pan. I like that it holds the pan slightly above the flavorizer bars, allowing full air flow in the WSF. It also lets you place the pan over the large flavorizer bar over the burn pit. Going to try it out this weekend.

.View attachment 1667View attachment 1668View attachment 1669
I have one and have used it several times already.. It works well and does a good job of not only catching grease drips, but in keeping the humidity “up” when smoking food that has a tendency to dry out like chicken breasts and flank steak..

BTW, Amazon and some restaurant supply outlets offer replacement pans that are cheaper than the original Weber pans.

The only exception to its use is with very large meats like briskets and butts, but for those I simply switch to a half-steam tray pan that I use directly on the flavorizer bars...Although one could also purchase a second kit.

I have pans I already use from the dollar store, or I buy, a bunch from Costco.

Folks, what are your experiences with water or drip pans? I did a set of ribs last weekend and put two pans on the flavorizer bars to keep them moist for the 6 hour run. It was the first time that I had used a pan in the SF. The ribs were great in the middle of the racks. The ends, which stuck out over the edge of the pans, got a little crunchy. I am assuming that this was due to air flow around the back and fronts of the pans. I have noticed in your pictures that several of you have pans but they are usually bigger than the meat. Any comments are appreciated.

Latest Discussions

Back