Weber is coming out with a “water” pan that will sit under the S.F. grates.

Bruno

3x SOTM Winner
Reaction score
Looks like Weber is coming out with a pan and rack to sit below the grate on the SmokeFire.

www.weber.com

Wet Smoke Kit | Cooking | Baskets and Pans | Weber Grills
The Wet Smoke Kit enhances the smoky, wood fired flavor of food by adding moisture to the heat. It’s specially designed to sit beneath the cooking grate so that you’re not sacrificing grilling space, with the dual purpose of catching grease for easier cleanup.• Adds moisture to the heat for...
www.weber.com
www.weber.com

Interesting. I sometimes sit small pans inbreeding flavorizer bars if doing cooking fattier meats. Today did pulled pork and didn’t use one. Most of the grease went in the ash/grease pan but still some in the barrel. Easy to scrape into the pan.

Illl be watching to see what their angle is.

I just lay a couple half or a full size foil pan in there between the grid and flavorizer bars. Reduces the mess and I’m lazy. I see they are marketing your ability to add moisture and improve smoke adhesion which is likely a real result. I would need two and a 6 would need three of them I’d think.

Not surprising. It was in the original batch of accessories that was leaked a few months ago. Good to see it in detail. I wonder if the rest of the accessories are hidden on the site as well.

View attachment 1031
Really looking forward to the front and side shelves. Also, there are screw zerts in the bottom portion of the legs which indicates they have a bottom shelf that will add storage and bolster the leg strength when moving the grill around.

Not surprising. It was in the original batch of accessories that was leaked a few months ago. Good to see it in detail. I wonder if the rest of the accessories are hidden on the site as well.

View attachment 1031
More stuff is popping up on the site. I waste a lot of money on dumb stuff, can’t wait to get that cutting board.

Looks like Weber is coming out with a pan and rack to sit below the grate on the SmokeFire.

www.weber.com

Wet Smoke Kit | Cooking | Baskets and Pans | Weber Grills
The Wet Smoke Kit enhances the smoky, wood fired flavor of food by adding moisture to the heat. It’s specially designed to sit beneath the cooking grate so that you’re not sacrificing grilling space, with the dual purpose of catching grease for easier cleanup.• Adds moisture to the heat for...
www.weber.com
www.weber.com

While appreciate the innovative side of Weber I wish they would spend some of their energy fixing existing problems...I just watched my SF go from 250 degrees to 155 degrees in less than 10 minutes...I can not count how many meals have either been delayed or given up on this grill...have not cursed a grill as much as I have this one...not new to pellet grills owned Traeger and a MAK.... just got worse grill just “turned off safely...so much for dinner tonight!

While appreciate the innovative side of Weber I wish they would spend some of their energy fixing existing problems...I just watched my SF go from 250 degrees to 155 degrees in less than 10 minutes...I can not count how many meals have either been delayed or given up on this grill...have not cursed a grill as much as I have this one...not new to pellet grills owned Traeger and a MAK.... just got worse grill just “turned off safely...so much for dinner tonight!
Sorry to hear this. Since the updates (fixes for existing problems) I have not had a single issue. Is your firmware current?

Yes to the best of my knowledge I continue to install updates....thanks for the suggestion!

Yeah that sucks!!! My S.F. has been a pain in the ass but has come through every time. i would be pissed wasting meat.

Back