Weber Grill 'n Go Lights (Model 7661) Experience on the EX6

GriLLMaRksRseXy

Reaction score
I purchased two of Weber's Grill 'n Go Lights to put on my Smoke Fire EX6. These are the newest ones they make and to my knowledge, the longest ones they make. The are marketed to fit all of the Weber gas grills manufactured after 2007 so I figured I would give them a try.
Screen Shot 2020-02-26 at 8.03.10 PM.png

They fit well on the handle of the EX6 and functioned pretty well as you open and close the lid as far as turning off and on.

However I cannot recommend them for the Smoke Fire. The handle on the smoke fire is much higher up the grill lid than it is on the Weber Gas Grills. Even after adjusting them the best I could I could only get about 50% of the light to actually shine onto the grill with the lid fully opened. They will have to make a new light for the handle of the Smoke Fire. Keep your money.
20200226_195937.jpg

Update:
After reviewing these I put them on my Summit SS 470. To be fair, the handles of both grills are pretty much in the same spot. The reason you cannot get the light to shine correctly on the Smoke Fire cooking grates is because the lid does not open as wide as the Summit (and probably all the Weber gassers.) As you can see in my pic above this is the best angle of the lights I could get to shine the most on the grates. In the picture it looks like I should clearly rotate them up but if I do ALL the light shines outside of the actual grill box....

Last edited:
I purchased two of Weber's Grill 'n Go Lights to put on my Smoke Fire EX6. These are the newest ones they make and to my knowledge, the longest ones they make. The are marketed to fit all of the Weber gas grills manufactured after 2007 so I figured I would give them a try.
View attachment 297

They fit well on the handle of the EX6 and functioned pretty well as you open and close the lid as far as turning off and on.

However I cannot recommend them for the Smoke Fire. The handle on the smoke fire is much higher up the grill lid than it is on the Weber Gas Grills. Even after adjusting them the best I could I could only get about 50% of the light to actually shine onto the grill with the lid fully opened. They will have to make a new light for the handle of the Smoke Fire. Keep your money.
View attachment 298

Update:
After reviewing these I put them on my Summit SS 470. To be fair, the handles of both grills are pretty much in the same spot. The reason you cannot get the light to shine correctly on the Smoke Fire cooking grates is because the lid does not open as wide as the Summit (and probably all the Weber gassers.) As you can see in my pic above this is the best angle of the lights I could get to shine the most on the grates. In the picture it looks like I should clearly rotate them up but if I do ALL the light shines outside of the actual grill box....
Thanks for sharing as I am looking for grill lights.

Thanks for sharing as I am looking for grill lights.
I will keep searching and report back anything that works well. I'm going to install some lights in my covered grill canopy I bought when I bought my smoke fire but I still love lights on the grill handles of my Webers that are on my deck even though I have lighting above them.

I bought this CharBroil light off Amazon.

It works pretty well as it stands off the handle a ways.
The only issue is that you have to swing it into position and back away when you close the lid as optimum position open results in it touching the grill when the lid is closed.
Most reviews hated that the switch was too easy to bump, but I think that is one of the pluses for it.
It is touch sensitive and I can just barely touch it and it will turn on, so if my hands are dirty, I can use the back of my hand, side of hand, forearm, etc.

View attachment 297

View attachment 298

Update:
I would just wear a headlight😊

Harbor Freight has a good one too. Neighbors probably think I'm nuts grilling with my headlight on in a snowstorm

View attachment 297

View attachment 298

Update:
Thanks for sharing your experience with these.

Thanks for sharing your experience with these.
I just got off the phone with Weber about the major issue I had with my EX6 this weekend. I am fixing to write up a post in that thread but I do have to tell you that I spoke to the Customer Service Manager about this and he had already seen that I had these lights on my grill in the pictures I had to send for my issue and was excited I had their newest on the smokefire. He already knew what I was fixing to tell him and said they would probably be working on an extension bracket for the the smokefire so we could get 100% light on the grates. He said it would probably be similar to the bracket for the Weber Q series extension to make their lights then work well on that grill. I have to say that the conversation I had for nearly an hour was probably the best experience I have ever had with a company. He was down to earth, REAL, did not give me any corporate or legal BS and was totally honest. MOST IMPORTANT. HE was LISTENING TO ME, MY IDEAS, ALL OF YOUR IDEAS and ALL OF OUR PROBLEMS and TAKING NOTES! I will post more in my thread on my Ashbox Fire.

I just got off the phone with Weber about the major issue I had with my EX6 this weekend. I am fixing to write up a post in that thread but I do have to tell you that I spoke to the Customer Service Manager about this and he had already seen that I had these lights on my grill in the pictures I had to send for my issue and was excited I had their newest on the smokefire. He already knew what I was fixing to tell him and said they would probably be working on an extension bracket for the the smokefire so we could get 100% light on the grates. He said it would probably be similar to the bracket for the Weber Q series extension to make their lights then work well on that grill. I have to say that the conversation I had for nearly an hour was probably the best experience I have ever had with a company. He was down to earth, REAL, did not give me any corporate or legal BS and was totally honest. MOST IMPORTANT. HE was LISTENING TO ME, MY IDEAS, ALL OF YOUR IDEAS and ALL OF OUR PROBLEMS and TAKING NOTES! I will post more in my thread on my Ashbox Fire.
That's great news to hear!!

Totally agree, I had an awesome conf call with several folks at Weber and they are 100% committed to making this right. I didn’t want to wait for the issues to be worked out, but I am confident that they will be. One of the reasons I am still here is that I really want to see them get these issues under control and be successful.

Did you get any further news regarding lights in the meantime?

Thank you. Just put two of these in my Amazon cart. Taking them out!
New to the group - lots of great info here. Seasoned my EX4 yesterday, going to break it in with a smoked meatloaf tomorrow

View attachment 297

View attachment 298

Update:

Back