Weber CS

DutchieCooks

2x SOTM Winner
Reaction score
So for the people that didn't see it yet. This is what happened to my ex4 last night.

Had someone from CS on the phone in 20 min. Very friendly guy and had to send some pictures to see if they gonna replace the bbq or just the broken parts.

Don't understand why some people complain so much about webers CS. I think this is the 4th time now I talked to them and always very friendly and very helpful!

To be continued...

Attachments

• 20201116_180836.jpg
    20201116_180836.jpg
    522.6 KB · Views: 125
  • 20201116_171335.jpg
    20201116_171335.jpg
    274.9 KB · Views: 118
  • 20201116_174640.jpg
    20201116_174640.jpg
    295 KB · Views: 119
  • 20201115_213343.jpg
    20201115_213343.jpg
    188 KB · Views: 117
They have always treated me above and beyond for the last 15 years.

I hope they send you a new one. Would love to know what the hell happened. I’ll keep an eye on things on windy day shutdowns.

They have always treated me above and beyond for the last 15 years.

I hope they send you a new one. Would love to know what the hell happened. I’ll keep an eye on things on windy day shutdowns.
The thing is, when shutdown cycle srted it was not that windy as during the day anymore.. I shut it down in worse weather before. I hope I get a new one too😂 See if I can put some extra money in it to get me an ex6 lol

Just got a call back, they are shipping a new one!
Weber is one great company! Did they give you any idea of what may have happened? I can’t believe that wind could have caused that by itself. The photo of the burned up auger motor shows a lot of pellet dust...is that just a residual from the fire, or is it possible the wind blew the dust around causing a “dust fire” like happens in grain mills, etc.???

Last edited:
Weber is me great company! Did they give you any idea of what may have happened? I can’t believe that wind could have caused that by itself. The photo of the burned up auger motor shows a lot of pellet dust...is that just a residual from the fire, or is it possible the wind blew the dust around causing a “dust fire” like happens in grain mills, etc.???
That little glass in your pelletbox got melted pellets fell through that. He asked me how often I clean it and apparently ones a week is not enough😂 They think its because of that. I personally don't think that. But hey I'm glad they are sending me a new one😁

That little glass in your pelletbox got melted pellets fell through that. He asked me how often I clean it and apparently ones a week is not enough😂 They think its because of that. I personally don't think that. But hey I'm glad they are sending me a new one😁
That does not sound logical. I understand the melted plastic level sensor issue, but not sure what cleaning ash from the unit has to do with it...or are they talking about removing the auger to clean the hopper and remove the pellet dust? It sounds more likely that the wind blew some pellets sparks back through the opening where auger chute enters, and that ignited the rest...I wonder if they will be sending out an advisory. Or perhaps designing a seal to go around that opening.

Sorry to be long-winded, but my inquisitive nature makes me wonder.

Had you put in the new wielded auger?

That does not sound logical. I understand the melted plastic level sensor issue, but not sure what cleaning ash from the unit has to do with it...or are they talking about removing the auger to clean the hopper and remove the pellet dust? It sounds more likely that the wind blew some pellets sparks back through the opening where auger chute enters, and that ignited the rest...I wonder if they will be sending out an advisory. Or perhaps designing a seal to go around that opening.

Sorry to be long-winded, but my inquisitive nature makes me wonder.
I think it was because the wind. I had an 8 hour cook. When I turned the power off cycle on I went inside ate, we had guests so took me a while to get back out there to turn it completely off. Like 1,5 hour. So that thing was already burning for that time..

Nope. I didn't had problems with my auger at all so no need for changing it. Until now lol. Changing the whole grill😂

I finally got around to putting mine on a week or so ago...after seeing what happened to his, I am glad I did, as I could see the same thing happening.

I finally got around to putting mine on a week or so ago...after seeing what happened to his, I am glad I did, as I could see the same thing happening.
I have to get on that this weekend.

I am going to guess (from a long way away) that the chute gasket got funky and a spark found a new home. I would suggest installing the wielded chute ASAP if you have received it from Weber. Just because you have not had problems does not mean that Murphy is not hanging out in your backyard, waiting for you to take a nap. :(

I am going to guess (from a long way away) that the chute gasket got funky and a spark found a new home. I would suggest installing the wielded chute ASAP if you have received it from Weber. Just because you have not had problems does not mean that Murphy is not hanging out in your backyard, waiting for you to take a nap. :(
Yup well the grill I get is the "2nd" gen so uts into there. I tried to put some extra money to it for an ex6 but he was not allowed to do that. Then he could offer me my money back and I could get a new one. But that seemed too much like a hassle. Lol

Latest Discussions

Back