Weber Complimentary Ramp Accessory

BarreBQ

Reaction score
Just got an email from Weber and they are sending a complimentary accessory to improve the ramp feed. Has anyone else gotten this in? Any reviews?

Dubs

Reaction score
This is on Weber website (I see they have created a SmokeFire FAQ link at the top of their webpage

That said, we’ve heard the feedback on this – and we have developed a fix to improve the user experience when it comes to the pellet flow in the hopper. These will be available beginning March of 2020.

OP
BarreBQ

BarreBQ

Reaction score
This is on Weber website (I see they have created a SmokeFire FAQ link at the top of their webpage

That said, we’ve heard the feedback on this – and we have developed a fix to improve the user experience when it comes to the pellet flow in the hopper. These will be available beginning March of 2020.
This is encouraging... my alternative to this grill is a decked out Yoder YS640 so I’m going to give it a full trial before shelling out $2600. Id love them to fix the pellet feed and temp variations. I’m not as concerned with the grease fire because I am a drip pan fan and a clean freak. Hopefully I don’t regret that.

Dubs

Reaction score
My interpretation of the troubleshooting section is they are blaming non-Weber pellets as causing problems, which is a little disappointing on their part IMO. Also I noticed that they say the glow plug needs to be replaced every 150 cooks. I doubt that's a warranty item or know what the cost is.

OP
BarreBQ

BarreBQ

Reaction score
150 cooks? That seems low... that’s a year or less the way I do it. Seems like it should be by hour as well.

abmet

SOTM Winner
Reaction score
Just saw a person posted that they would send them a ramp too. Wonder if this is for both EX4 and EX6.

Mojo RyZen

Reaction score
Excerpt from email from Weber regarding my EX6 hopper issue: ".... offer you a complimentary ramp accessory for your SmokeFire to improve the angle of the feed and make sure you have the best grilling experience. That will come with the necessary hardware, tools, and directions for installation." I'll post photos when I get it.

Weber video link - Hopper Insert Instructions:

Last edited:

CEd4jets

Reaction score
This is on the forum somewhere else, but I'll post here too. Emailed customer support this afternoon and my new ramp for my EX4 is on its way. Very quick response . Also, there is an install video in the FAQ section of their website. Two screws, -2lb capacity. I can live with that. The ramp looks steep.

Rickyjk619

Reaction score
Never heard this until now.
I just sent a request for this to Weber. I guess I have been such a pain in the rear they have 3 different people monitoring my emails. Lol
I replaced my auger tube this weekend. Cleaned up the ash and residue dust. I then replaced the current pellets I was using with Lumber Jack competition blend. Made a huge difference in ash and residue. The flavor and smell was much better. Amazing difference. I can’t see the difference in the auger tubes myself. So I am attaching photos for those here to take a look and see what I am missing. 💨🔥

Attachments

Rickyjk619

Reaction score
Here are some photos of Sunday’s cook. Also found my production date. It was 01-27-2020.
💨🔥

Attachments

Latest Discussions