Upper Warming Rack

rexster314

3x SOTM Winner
Reaction score
Grill
Smokefire EX6
I purchased the custom stainless cooking grates back in December from ProGrates. Excellent quality, workmanship. They were made to fit as no clips, spacers or anything else, these grates fit like the Weber ones should have.
Yesterday I inquired about them fabricating up an all stainless 3/8" warming rack measuring 14"x36". No problem they said. 135$ and free shipping. It should be here in a couple of weeks. FYI, the Weber rack is 36"x11", so a 12" pizza will fit on the Prograte rack perfectly with room to spare. And no worries about rust like some of the other custom made grates made out of mild steel.
They'll be here in 2 weeks or so.
1614898130999.png

I purchased the custom stainless cooking grates back in December from ProGrates. Excellent quality, workmanship. They were made to fit as no clips, spacers or anything else, these grates fit like the Weber ones should have.
Yesterday I inquired about them fabricating up an all stainless 3/8" warming rack measuring 14"x36". No problem they said. 135$ and free shipping. It should be here in a couple of weeks. FYI, the Weber rack is 36"x11", so a 12" pizza will fit on the Prograte rack perfectly with room to spare. And no worries about rust like some of the other custom made grates made out of mild steel.
They'll be here in 2 weeks or so.
View attachment 3544
Awesome!! If I ever use the top rack again I may go with that, but I took out my upper rack and haven’t looked back.

I use mine fairly regularly

I use mine fairly regularly
I'm with you, I use mine all the time.

The design with it sliding forward yet remaining inside the footprint of the cooking chamber is one of the features I really enjoy about the Smokefire. Many other cookers have much less useful upper racks with little or no space for items on either the upper or lower racks when in use. I find their design simple and effective just like the overall design. I have upgraded my main grids, but I won't be upgrading my upper rack. I just see no need. I don't sear up there and have had zero issue with the current grid handling weight or capacity. I kinda like the lighter weight rack in this situation because when i remove it I hang it from the front shelf hooks and the slight bend in the OEM rack makes that easy. That said, the ones you show are surely quite nice.

I never have used the clips for hanging the upper grate that are on the optional shelves. Nope, no searing up on the warming rack, but used a lot doing veggies, hot dog/hamburger buns to get toasty, rotating wings from one level to the other, etc. Stuff that I want cooked, but don't need to stand and watch it for fear of getting burnt. One steak cook a little faster than the other one? Upper shelf.

I never have used the clips for hanging the upper grate that are on the optional shelves. Nope, no searing up on the warming rack, but used a lot doing veggies, hot dog/hamburger buns to get toasty, rotating wings from one level to the other, etc. Stuff that I want cooked, but don't need to stand and watch it for fear of getting burnt. One steak cook a little faster than the other one? Upper shelf.
I use it a lot for veggies and stuff too. I also use it for low and slow cooks quite often. I like to get the protein up away from the heat source. Obviously when I need the extra real estate I utilize the main grid for L&S cooks. I find it quite useful as well.

I use it a lot for veggies and stuff too. I also use it for low and slow cooks quite often. I like to get the protein up away from the heat source. Obviously when I need the extra real estate I utilize the main grid for L&S cooks. I find it quite useful as well.
I use mine all the time for veggies. Though I have an EX4 so sometimes it is out of necessity.

Back