Turkey on the SF

Bruno

3x SOTM Winner
Reaction score
First whole turkey on the SmokeFire.
Oakridge game bird rub.
D12505EC-B5C6-4106-A73A-F9B207E23B80.jpeg

Looks good. Love grilled Turkey!

Looks awesome. What temp did you grill at?

Looks awesome. What temp did you grill at?
Ran smoke boost for an hour and cooked it at 325.
It looked better than it was, it had a lot of pink on the inside and threw the whole family off a little. Wife wanted it cooked more but I pulled it at 170 in the breast and 165 in the thigh. 🤔

Last edited:
Those things happen. Weird the breast was a higher temp than the thigh. Still looks excellent. I haven't cooked a full turkey on the smokefire but did a chicken and spachcocked it.

Those things happen. Weird the breast was a higher temp than the thigh. Still looks excellent. I haven't cooked a full turkey on the smokefire but did a chicken and spachcocked it.
I poked the hell out of it with my thermapen, I got all kinds of readings. Honestly I won’t smoke another whole turkey. The boneless skinless Franklin style breast I’ve done have been amazing!

After seeing you post that Franklin style, that’s my plan for next turkey breast.

I have moved from the Rockwell style bird to spatchcocking it. Maybe something to try.

Thanks for sharing, sucks to buy a whole bird and it not come out perfect but that's how it goes sometimes. I'll be looking up your Franklin style to try that first when I venture into Turkey.

Latest Discussions

Back