Time to order some new parts

I don't know why but bbq kept feeding it pellets. Fire pit was overloaded was a mountain of pellets that were on fire lol.

My guess would be old degraded parts (what you have shown) and possible other parts too since it is a GEN1 (assuming you haven't upgraded anything) are causing issues.

My guess would be old degraded parts (what you have shown) and possible other parts too since it is a GEN1 (assuming you haven't upgraded anything) are causing issues.
All is upgraded. All the gen 1 owners got all the upgrades send to them.

All is upgraded. All the gen 1 owners got all the upgrades send to them.
This is true but not all Gen1 owners have installed then so I will always mention it.
I'm glad you are one of the ones that are smart enough to do it.
The amount of people that have them on a shelf somewhere and then wonder why they start having issues truly astounds me.

So do I…but….how….is it humid where you live?

What in the world…I’ve had mine the same amount of time and it doesn’t look even close to that!!
Many things can cause it...

Covered / uncovered
Humidity
Not cleaned between uses to name a few..

All of those are the perfect storm though.

749F26A0-4D8C-4489-AA27-432A7F95ED6D.jpeg

Looks exactly like the pictures I sent to Weber last week. Plus a few more. I now have a new Flavorizer bar and bracket, burn pot and ramp, gaskets, auger and auger motor on the way. Also a Gen 1 preorder with all the upgrades. Always cleaned and covered because I am OCD. Great that it is easy to get the parts but very disappointing that it is happening. I have a 12year old Performer that has less rust.

Hmmmm...

Salts and oils on the skin can produce exactly the kind of corrosive environment that causes iron to react. Also, exposure of iron objects to cooking materials such as salts and sauces can accelerate corrosion

More HERE

I've had my ex4 since 2/20 and Weber replaced most of my internal parts in September. My chute was still good and the firepit, but the half the firepit grate was gone. I expect the firepit and chute won't last too much longer. I didn't even ask, and they sent replacement flavorizer bars. I didn't need them, but nice to have a spare set.

Either I’m not using mine enough, or the dry climate here in Phoenix has something to do with it…maybe I’m wrong, but I take mine apart and vacuum it out every 2-3 cooks. I haven’t noticed any degrading with anything yet. I bought mine 2/2020. Upgraded to gen two parts 6mi this ago? If I remember right…I also always use drip pans or wired cooking sheets..unless high heat for like steaks.

Thanks for sharing, mine is starting to do the same thing. Hopefully Weber will correct this quickly. I truly love my Smokefire, but don't need this hassle after just a year and half.

Back