The Longest Smoke?

primeone

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
What's the longest continuous run you've done on your SmokeFire?

I need to step it up I guess. I’ve done 11 hours a couple times is all.

What's the longest continuous run you've done on your SmokeFire?
I have attempted at least three long cooks on thick pork butts and brisket. My Smokefire runs great for the first say 8 hour’s at 250 which usually gets the cuts to around 165 just in time to wrap the meat. Then after that it’s all down hill. It drops really quick. Last night I monitored it very closely and when it dropped under 200 I would turn it up past 450 and when it would come back up to 250 I would throttle it back. I start with a clean cooker each time. Sometimes it will maintain but most times it flames out. I have installed the welded chute and it didn’t help. I’m awaiting a rev F auger motor and a glow plug. If that doesn’t help the only thing not replaced is the control panel. When it runs correctly it’s great. I would not recommend a over night cook if you can’t monitor it closely.

This last weekend I did a low and slow on two pork butts back to back to check the functionality of my SmokeFire. It ran for 30 plus hours at 225 without a break or any issues. That does not mean that I have not had other issues (most of those were self inflicted).

This last weekend I did a low and slow on two pork butts back to back to check the functionality of my SmokeFire. It ran for 30 plus hours at 225 without a break or any issues. That does not mean that I have not had other issues (most of those were self inflicted).
Wow. Now that’s a long cook. How many pounds of pellets did you burn through?

Mine was a brisket for 20 hours burning two bags of pellets

abmet quote - "Wow. Now that’s a long cook. How many pounds of pellets did you burn through?"

I really did not keep track. I was trying to get rid of some PB pellets and diluted them with Lumber Jack pellets. I think the larger size of PB may have caused some problems for me in the past.

This past weekend I did an overnight cook that went 15 1/2 hours on a pork butt. Cooked at 225 until I wrapped (about 10.5 hours in) and then raised up to 250 for last 5 hours. I used a bag and maybe a quarter of another for the whole cook. My longest cook yet and very impressed.

Mine has been a brisket which was around 14 hours. And I've done some butts that were around 12 hours.

Latest Discussions

Back