Temp probes won’t stay connected- EX4

PatrickE

Reaction score
Grill
SmokeFire EX4
I have had this grill for maybe 3 months. When you plug in the probe you hear the beep, then maybe two seconds later it makes the unplugging beep sound even though it’s still fully in the input.

Are the probes bad?

Do they click when you insert them? it takes decent pressure to get them fully inserted and they shouldn’t come lose randomly.

Do they click when you insert them? it takes decent pressure to get them fully inserted and they shouldn’t come lose randomly.
Yes… they click, they go in fully. But they don’t appear to stay “connected” to the system. They make the disconnect beep sound but are still fully plugged in and they do not register any temp.

almost seeMs like mine click slightly second time. If they are fully inserted and disconnecting sounds like probes or ports defective have you tried all 4 ports? If so I’d hit up Weber.

This has been happening the whole time?

What did Weber say when you spoke to them about it?

This has been happening the whole time?

What did Weber say when you spoke to them about it?
It’s only been happening the last two or three weeks. Weber told me to do the reset and unload the app on my phone then reload it. Didn’t work.

The panel that came on my first smoke fire did this. The replacement was fine. The knob was also defective. It’s very easy to swap out. I would reach out to Weber and get a replacement

The panel that came on my first smoke fire did this. The replacement was fine. The knob was also defective. It’s very easy to swap out. I would reach out to Weber and get a replacement
Ok… I already have a ticket into CS.

Definitely call if you haven’t heard back within a day. I find the email to be slower

Well… turns out both my temp probes went bad at the same time. Weber sent me one and I tested it yesterday. All is good now.

Back