Super Bowl menu!!

Bruno

3x SOTM Winner
Reaction score
Picked up some prime tri-tips for the big day. Think I’ll go tacos and a Mexican theme. We have some great guacamole and salsa available around these parts.
Go Bucs!!
What you got going?

I’m doing a variation of the smoked quesso dip that’s made the rounds of the interwebz. I’m adding some brisket to mine I have in the freezer from my last brisket cook.

Bacon-wrapped dates. You can skewer them or stab them with toothpicks before cooking. Cook them when the heat is nice and low. All the fat will cause flame-ups. They are one of the best meal I've ever eaten. Again, be careful of those flame-ups.

Last edited:
Bacon-wrapped dates. You can skewer them or stab them with toothpicks before cooking. Cook them when the heat is nice and low. All the fat will cause flame-ups. They are one of the best things I've ever eaten. Again, be careful of those flame-ups.
Oooo, I’ve done those before. I think I stuffed some of them with goats cheese maybe and balsamic drizzle? I remember them being delicious. Enjoy!

Oooo, I’ve done those before. I think I stuffed some of them with goats cheese maybe and balsamic drizzle? I remember them being delicious. Enjoy!
I made mine with feta, but I like the idea of goat cheese. It hits all the right notes. Great party food.

I made mine with feta, but I like the idea of goat cheese. It hits all the right notes. Great party food.
I think I did some feta and some goat. Blue is obviously an option but if doing feta, not different enough to bother. A little brown sugar near the end on the bacon would be nice too.

Rats! Now I’m hungry!🥲

All this talk about fat goats...might go get me a goat meat taco....

All this talk about fat goats...might go get me a goat meat taco....
I live in a heavily Hispanic area and there is goat cooked frequently. I’m pretty sure it’s available at a couple great little supermarkets we have in town. My buddies go there and get the chopped beef and their house spice blend for flat top cooking of their tacos. Wonder if they sell the goat in similar fashion for ease of preparation? Look forward to your post.

I live in a heavily Hispanic area and there is goat cooked frequently. I’m pretty sure it’s available at a couple great little supermarkets we have in town. My buddies go there and get the chopped beef and their house spice blend for flat top cooking of their tacos. Wonder if they sell the goat in similar fashion for ease of preparation? Look forward to your post.
Chops are phenomenal. I compare well raised goat to rich like lamb but without the tang.

Chops are phenomenal. I compare well raised goat to rich like lamb but without the tang.
I will take a look and see if that’s an option. Thanks

Picked up my Super Bowl brisket today. This will actually be my first SF brisket--a healthy 13.5 lbs. The crowd will be small (thanks, COVID), so even if the whole thing doesn't turn out great, I'm sure there will be enough that does to keep people happy.

Back