Stuck in shutdown mode???

LS2008

Reaction score
Grill
Smokefire EX4 (2nd Gen)
Bought EX4 and had four great flawless cooks.
Tonight after a great cook that went well. Then did shutdown mode and an hour later it still said “in shutdown”. I finally unplugged it.
What went wrong??

Gremlins? Not sure about that one. I’ve never heard of that happening.

Happened to me a couple of nights ago. Wonder if it's the latest software update. I also had a tough time maintaining temperature. Like my Smokefire but they really need to nail the software settings and leave it alone.

Happened to me a couple of nights ago. Wonder if it's the latest software update. I also had a tough time maintaining temperature. Like my Smokefire but they really need to nail the software settings and leave it alone.
Yea they do!! We should be able to decide which updated we want. Mine is working flawlessly now for a while. I no longer get excited when I see an update.

Yea they do!! We should be able to decide which updated we want.
I totally disagree. CS would really go nuts trying to figure out what is happening with multiple versions of the app, OS, and firmware in different combinations. Do I like the latest stuff? Oh, hell, no.

My EX4 was all updated two cooks earlier.
I do agree that any updates that become available I should be able to dictate when I install them.
Hoping Weber can let us know what to do when it will not shutdown.

All the brands (3-5) I have had experience using push the update to you regardless of your wishes. I have not seen an exception to this in the industry. Once you satisfy the required connections, they launch it and you find out when its updating. Usually as you start a cook, obviously.

I agree with AHoneyman about the CS issues involved and once Weber does nail down the algorithms being used for the controller, the temp. control should become much more static as far as updates go. Perhaps the recent changes and subsequent issues stemming from them were also part of why June was bought out, for better control of the software development processes, QA, and testing. It is much more difficult to control a firm your working with on a product than your own in house staff especially when it combines hardware and software.

Back