Starting a cook cold

jbrad889

Reaction score
Has anyone started a cook cold on their SF? Was going to compare the flavor on a big batch of wings already on the pit during a cold start as opposed to bringing the pit up to temp before throwing them on. Targeting that initial slow smoldering smoke, even if it may be for just a few minutes before it’s up to grilling temp. Hoping Weber comes out with a super smoke firmware update soon.

abmet

SOTM Winner
Reaction score
I have not, have always waited until up to my set temp for a few minutes to stabilize. I’d be interested in your results for sure.

dudemcnally

Reaction score
Has anyone started a cook cold on their SF? Was going to compare the flavor on a big batch of wings already on the pit during a cold start as opposed to bringing the pit up to temp before throwing them on. Targeting that initial slow smoldering smoke, even if it may be for just a few minutes before it’s up to grilling temp. Hoping Weber comes out with a super smoke firmware update soon.
if it were a stickburner I'd be concerned with acrid/bad smoke, but given the short duration and that pellets just don't seem to produce much of that bad smoke I'd say it's worth a shot.
I'll echo the super smoke desire, can't wait for weber to release that update

Latest Discussions