Software Update Failures

IrishSmoke

Reaction score
Grill
SmokeFire EX6
Hi All ,

I got my SmokeFire EX6 yesterday , started it up and done the software update , no problems so far ,

Machine restarted , then the app tells me a software is required to use the App , I hit update and it goes to the screen when it looks like its downloading the update but after a minute this fails and it come back to the software update page .

My Software version seems to be ok its on 1.3_1683
My Controller version I think is where the issue is , 03700 its on now and Ive tried everything , Ive uninstalled the App , restarted the machine , hit the update button and left the phone beside the EX6 for 25 minutes even though we were back at the Software update page again , restarted the grill again but nothing seems to work ,

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Attachments

• IMG_9575.PNG
    IMG_9575.PNG
    569.6 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_9576.PNG
    IMG_9576.PNG
    559.5 KB · Views: 44
The latest Connect app for Weber connect is 9.12 for iOS, and 9.9 for Android.
The latest software version is 1683
The latest firmware version is 0435.

it sounds like you do not have the latest versions, and both software and firmware should be updated. I have always done these via Bluetooth, and the instructions can be found at Weber.com

I hope this helps.

Hi Dassman ,

Unfortunately followed the instructions on weber.com to no avail ,

My App and Software are on the correct version , its the firmware version thats wrong and I can update it ,

Thanks .

Hi Dassman ,

Unfortunately followed the instructions on weber.com to no avail ,

My App and Software are on the correct version , its the firmware version thats wrong and I can update it ,

Thanks .
I believe that you need to do that via Bluetooth, not WiFi. At least I needed to do that when I set up my EX4 a I I recall, and it took a good 15 minutes with the phone next to the unit. Also, I needed to use my iPad to do so, as my Android phone kept hanging up.
Directions are available on the web.

Thanks Again , yeah had my wifi turned off , will try the iPad tomorrow , im trying my first brisket now
Happy cooking and better eating! The SmokeFire turned out an even better brisket that my trusty WSM 22”.

It connects through Bluetooth.

Latest Discussions

Back