SMOTM Ideas

primeone

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
We've talked about having themes for the monthly contests. I'm looking for ideas so every month can be different. Please let me know your thoughts!

bbqking

2x SOTM Winner
Reaction score
Grill
EX6, 2, 22” kettles, and a e310 gasser
My first thought is, if we all do the same thing, it’s going to come down to presentation. There are some that have a corner on the presentation thing. Or second we could do a type of meat, ie...chicken, pork, beef. Third, we should do a seafood theme.

DutchieCooks

SOTM Winner
Reaction score
Couple thing you can do like bbqking said. Next to that you can also do country themes like a Mexican theme, Italian theme etc.

Old Man Grills

Reaction score
Grill
SmokeFire EX6
I like the idea of country themes, Id also Like to see a vegetarian main dish (not a selection of sides) and a SF dessert.

bbqking

2x SOTM Winner
Reaction score
Grill
I like the idea of country themes, Id also Like to see a vegetarian main dish (not a selection of sides) and a SF dessert.
There for a minute, I thought this train was going to go off the rails! Some one said vegetarian...and I almost shouted Blasphemy! But I reconsidered and said well that might be a decent idea, but I’ll be truthful, when break out the veggie tray, it’s probably going to have meat with it....and btw, I’m planning on an Apple pie already. I bought the stuff to do it, too.

Old Man Grills

Reaction score
Grill
SmokeFire EX6
There for a minute, I thought this train was going to go off the rails! Some one said vegetarian...and I almost shouted Blasphemy! But I reconsidered and said well that might be a decent idea, but I’ll be truthful, when break out the veggie tray, it’s probably going to have meat with it....and btw, I’m planning on an Apple pie already. I bought the stuff to do it, too.
12 months ago I was with you brother. Now were eating veggie once a week 😳
i find veggie cooking is harder than meat because it’s difficult to have a centre piece but its fun trying.

Smoked mushroom swiss cheeseburgers 😋

bbqking

2x SOTM Winner
Reaction score
Grill
Just an observation...the “super bowl “ theme for last month...seemed slightly unsuperbowlish. I was thinking like finger foods, party foods. While I know everyone probably does something different for a party...just an observation.
PS...burger theme is good.

Bruno

2x SOTM Winner
Reaction score
I’m down for a burger theme!

I think the winner each month should get to pick????????

I say burger theme, any meat, between bread type substances!!

whoareya

Reaction score
Grill
EX4
And anything Ground Meat related maybe so we can Include skewers?

Old Man Grills

Reaction score
Grill
SmokeFire EX6
I'm up for burger theme. And agree with Bruno that winner should pick the theme.