SmokeFire's have arrived in Europe (The Netherlands) plus youtube movie

bbq4ever

Reaction score
Just a small update for everybody who is waiting for there delivery of the Weber SmokeFire in Europe. Today I received word (through mail) that the delivery is a bit later as initially announce (was beginning of March). They expect that the first SmokeFires will be deliverd 2 to 3 weeks later. But for a good reason:
  • Software will be updated before delivery
  • The hopper wil be adapted (EX6), not mentioned how but I think if your read the forum we know by now how :)
  • The Manuel will be updated
  • not immediate ignition of the SmokeFire will be adressed through software update.
So all in all a good reason for "Delay", which is in my eyes relative but neverthless it is nice and good from Weber to inform everybody. It also shows that Weber is adressing all the issues accordingly and without hesitation and is focussing on quality. Much apreciate this.

Also check out this youtube movie made on a SmokeFire blogger event in Germany. There you can see the european version in action. Tip: turn on subtitle and youtube will give u automated translated subtitles :)

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing these updates, that’s good to know. I hope that means there will be an app update soon too.

Just a small update for everybody who is waiting for there delivery of the Weber SmokeFire in Europe. Today I received word (through mail) that the delivery is a bit later as initially announce (was beginning of March). They expect that the first SmokeFires will be deliverd 2 to 3 weeks later. But for a good reason:
  • Software will be updated before delivery
  • The hopper wil be adapted (EX6), not mentioned how but I think if your read the forum we know by now how :)
  • The Manuel will be updated
  • not immediate ignition of the SmokeFire will be adressed through software update.
So all in all a good reason for "Delay", which is in my eyes relative but neverthless it is nice and good from Weber to inform everybody. It also shows that Weber is adressing all the issues accordingly and without hesitation and is focussing on quality. Much apreciate this.

Also check out this youtube movie made on a SmokeFire blogger event in Germany. There you can see the european version in action. Tip: turn on subtitle and youtube will give u automated translated subtitles :)
Appreciate the info. Looks like you guys will have smooth rollout. Cant wait to see some of our European members first cooks on their Smoke Fires either!

Thanks for sharing these updates, that’s good to know. I hope that means there will be an app update soon too.

Well in the mail I received from the Dutch Original Weber Store no date was mentioned for an app update, but............. :cool: I encountered another youtube movie where a owner of a Weber store in Germany is mentioning a Date (link) when the "app" will be available. What this entails or means I have no clue but......... you never know :unsure: can be the current app is then released but with everything translated to the native language or.... no further details mentioned in the movie. Ah ja almost forgotten if you do not want to watch the youtube movie the Data of the app release mentioned is the 17th of March.

Well in the mail I received from the Dutch Original Weber Store no date was mentioned for an app update, but............. :cool: I encountered another youtube movie where a owner of a Weber store in Germany is mentioning a Date (link) when the "app" will be available. What this entails or means I have no clue but......... you never know :unsure: can be the current app is then released but with everything translated to the native language or.... no further details mentioned in the movie. Ah ja almost forgotten if you do not want to watch the youtube movie the Data of the app release mentioned is the 17th of March.
Cool, thanks! Will yours include the Gourmet BBQ system with the removable circular insert?

Cool, thanks! Will yours include the Gourmet BBQ system with the removable circular insert?
I hope so, this is how it is advertised in Europe, but seeing is beleving. I will share some pictures as soon as it is delivered.

Back