SmokeFire Weekend Cooks?

Wismokes

Reaction score
Spareribs . One salt , red and black pepper. Other with Rodney Scott’s rib rub . Salt and pepper cooked a bit longer for the wife . She likes fall off the bone .

Attachments

Bruno

SOTM Winner
Reaction score
4F59CFEC-DB13-412F-8A00-A1BFB5DE615F.jpeg
818CEFA2-7802-4ECE-977E-BA78E1AECFC6.jpeg

Crappy plated pic, made some more of that chimichurri I did last week and put it on the burger. Freaking amazing!!
Some burgers are beef and some are 3/4 lamb 1/4 pork mixed together.
FF876493-8512-4890-8393-E34992F1CC09.jpeg

Attachments

Last edited:

Captainmike

SOTM Winner
Reaction score
Last evening, small Wagyu ribeye roast. Amazing - no words to describe. Cheated on SF again this one was slow roasted on my Weber kettle with B&B oak briquettes and hickory wood chunks indirect, about a 1/3 snake setup. Smoked for 2 hours until 135 IT. I know SF would have done me proud but when I cook I like to do it all outside and I needed different cooking temps. SF handled 2 iron skillets with Brussels and the onion/mushroom dressing, plus a pan of potatoes. Held strong at 400 for just over an hour. Plus the SF was my kettle temp monitor 😃. I have to say I love the smoke output on the SF it’s great even at 400, good flavor in the entire meal.

Attachments

Riddle4x4

Reaction score
I going to try a 12 lb brisket this weekend on the SF. I used to cook brisket on the WSM with apple chunks, but I'm planning on using Lumber Jack's Mesquite blend pellets for the SF. Has anyone used these on a brisket? Should I skip the smokeboost option if I planning on not wrapping, so I don't over smoke it? I'm going to rub with straight S&P. I'm attempting a Texas style brisket without wrapping.

Bruno

SOTM Winner
Reaction score
I going to try a 12 lb brisket this weekend on the SF. I used to cook brisket on the WSM with apple chunks, but I'm planning on using Lumber Jack's Mesquite blend pellets for the SF. Has anyone used these on a brisket? Should I skip the smokeboost option if I planning on not wrapping, so I don't over smoke it? I'm going to rub with straight S&P. I'm attempting a Texas style brisket without wrapping.
Keep us updated. I’d skip smokeboost if I wasn’t wrapping.

Last edited:

AHoneyman

Reaction score
I would SmokeBoost for 2.5-4.0 hours until you get a good bark and it is starting to weep a little. Then I would wrap in paper, put it in a pan, and turn the temp up to about 225-250. Insert the probes and let it go until 200-205. Put in ice chest and cover for 2+ hour rest. Your choices.

JpsBBQ

Reaction score
I don’t think smoke boost is a necessity by any means. The SF puts out ample smoke even in regular mode and using mesquite pellets will be strong. I think you have your logic in order. Enjoy!

Dassman5

Reaction score
I have done them with and without Smoke Boost and find very little difference. If not using SB, I typically run at 210F to 215F and always used a mixture of Hickory and Mesquite with my WSM and do the same with my SF using a mix of the two pellets.

In reality, most of the smoke is absorbed during the first few hours anyway, and by the time the brisket gets to the 150F or so, it doesn’t make much difference. That is why I typically wrap in butcher paper around 160F or so, as I am lazy and don’t want to keep spritzing.

abmet

SOTM Winner
Reaction score
Pizzas last night. Was pretty windy and singed the hair on my arm putting the toppings on.