SmokeFire Weekend Cooks?

Dassman5

Reaction score
Looks great! From one who lives 15 miles from the home of the original Buffalo Wings...

I wouldn’t worry about eating too many, however, as the Governor of our State proclaimed the Chicken Wings do not constitute a real meal while trying to force people to order food with drinks in restaurants and bars, not just drinks, during the COVID-19 outbreak several months ago...that was retracted faster than a cat in a littler box covering up!

Last edited:

JpsBBQ

Reaction score
Looks great! From one who lives 15 miles from the home of the original Buffalo Wings...

I wouldn’t worry about eating too many, however, as the Governor of out State proclaimed the Chicken Wings do not constitute a real meal while trying to force people to order food with drinks during the COVID-19 outbreak several months ago...that was retracted faster than a cat in a littler box covering up!
Thanks!

I used Kosmos wing dust on these. I did just honey BBQ and buffalo hot flavors, but they have about 8-10 flavors. I like them because you can very easily have a wide variety of finishes to the wings to satisfy a very diverse group of guests. They have lemon pepper, salt and vinegar, garlic Parmesan, Cajun, ghost pepper, regular buffalo, Nashville hot, five pepper face lift. I’m a fan. I put a rub on these, but usually just cook them naked and then shake them up with the dust on them in a container to coat. I felt the rub actually conflicted with the finishing dust and won’t be doing that again. They weren’t as good as just cooking them naked.

Dassman5

Reaction score
Thanks!

I used Kosmos wing dust on these. I did just honey BBQ and buffalo hot flavors, but they have about 8-10 flavors. I like them because you can very easily have a wide variety of finishes to the wings to satisfy a very diverse group of guests. They have lemon pepper, salt and vinegar, garlic Parmesan, Cajun, ghost pepper, regular buffalo, Nashville hot, five pepper face lift. I’m a fan. I put a rub on these, but usually just cook them naked and then shake them up with the dust on them in a container to coat. I felt the rub actually conflicted with the finishing dust and won’t be doing that again. They weren’t as good as just cooking them naked.
I will need to try their dust. Historically I have been doing them the traditional, historical method of naked cooking, then shaking/ mixing in a bowl with melted butter and Frank’s Hot Sauce as we like ours hot enough that you have to keep drinking beer.🥵

Lately, however we have been branching out to try new sauces, including Hot Honey BBQ, but I am willing to give Kosmos a go.

JpsBBQ

Reaction score
I will need to try their dust. Historically I have been doing them the traditional, historical method of naked cooking, then shaking/ mixing in a bowl with melted butter and Frank’s Hot Sauce as we like ours hot enough that you have to keep drinking beer.🥵

Lately, however we have been branching out to try new sauces, including Hot Honey BBQ, but I am willing to give Kosmos a go.
That I my traditional method as well. Its great. The dust just allows for a wide variety of flavors with very minimal effort. It’s almost too easy.

Bruno

SOTM Winner
Reaction score
It's the "skewer hack" by BBQ Hack. I haven't used it yet; planning to make tacos al pastor this weekend.

View attachment 2315
Very cool, you’ve actually given me a great ide, next time I’m on a stainless project I’m going to make one. 3/8” solid stock welded to a stainless plate, boom simple! Thanks

JpsBBQ

Reaction score
Some premartinated turkey. Not sure what. Something my better half got at Kroger. Not too shabby. Hard for me to admit because I’m adverse to that sorta thing. Quite tender and pleasant flavor. Oh well, quick and easy.
C70D170B-D608-40EA-AD74-8CC400E552B5.jpeg
B8F0F672-6087-498E-89AB-EE8F9153E207.jpeg
CE9C7494-FDDC-43F0-B751-880137256748.jpeg