HELP! Smokefire - plus (+) button and food probe issue

Hedonism

Reaction score
Grill
Smokefire ex4
hi, the smok fire is linked both by bt and wi.fi, software is updated, but the plus (+) button only shows the QR Code linked to the app (that I've already). All the recipe menù is missing, and furthermore, the food probe only can be used to receive alert. User manual states that clicking the dialing wheel on the probe icon, the cooking menù should appear... it does not.

reset already carried out as well as unmatching and re-connect to the app.

thanks your suggestion

I have no help really. Whenever I’ve messed with that function, I’ve done so on the app and not the grill. That said, I am of the opinion that the function and overall concept is not for me. You should know your target temps and what temp you intend to cook use. If so, the preprogrammed stuff is just redundant and more of a PITA than it’s worth. The whole idea of precise recipes in BBQ is a bit humorous to me. There is always the chance I will change my opinion over the course of time. Good luck.

thanks, unfortunately, the real issue is the food prove one... I want to set the inner temp and I'm wondering the Smokefire adjust its power according to the food probe setup. Unfortunately, despite the user's manual directories, the only think I can set on the food probe is an alert, it means I should adjust the Smoke power by myself.

I only use it for target temps and set them in the app. I usually set a little low and them check multiple areas with my Thermapen.

thanks, unfortunately, the real issue is the food prove one... I want to set the inner temp and I'm wondering the Smokefire adjust its power according to the food probe setup. Unfortunately, despite the user's manual directories, the only think I can set on the food probe is an alert, it means I should adjust the Smoke power by myself.
You can open the app and hit the + button on the grill controls setting or hit start icon , I believe, that opens up options for setting target temps with a probe and or timers etc. If you hit another + button you can then set another probe to the same or different target temperature. The dashboard on both the grill and app will display all the temps that are set.

so if well understood, BEFORE to hit the (+) button, the app must be open on my phone?

but, finally, what the (+) button does or should do except to show the QR Code for the app?

I only use it for target temps and set them in the app. I usually set a little low and them check multiple areas with my Thermapen.
once a target temperature is set by the food probe, will the Smokefire mantein it or it will work with the inner ambient probe?

here some screenshot from the User's manual, none work

Attachments

• Senza titolo 2.jpg
    Senza titolo 2.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 14
  • Senza titolo 3.jpg
    Senza titolo 3.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 14
I am able to set anything I want from the app. I know I have changed or cancelled things from the actual unit in the past, but I’ve always set the temps and stuff from my phone. Not sure what you are asking and how to help, sorry.

I am able to set anything I want from the app. I know I have changed or cancelled things from the actual unit in the past, but I’ve always set the temps and stuff from my phone. Not sure what you are asking and how to help, sorry.
can you kindly check what happen when pushing the (+) button?

Within the app, there are cooking programs that can be selected for use. There are beef steak step by step instruction. These programs may be accessed from the controller by pushing the plus button.

Most of the people here use their own recipes and timing rather than pre-boxed instructions that can go south with different pieces of meat.

Last edited:
These programs may be accessed from the controller by pushing the plus button.

unfortunateyl pushing the plus button (+) the controller only shows the QRCode to download the app (that I got already)... this is why I'm thinking my controller has a bugged software...

unfortunateyl pushing the plus button (+) the controller only shows the QRCode to download the app (that I got already)... this is why I'm thinking my controller has a bugged software...
Can you get to the cooking programs in the app itself?

I asked the same question to support, the manual says one thing but really all it does is bring up the bar code.

GO TO THE APP AND THESE FUNCTIONS ARE ON THE APP!

Latest Discussions

Back