Smokefire Not igniting

My smokefire recently stopped igniting after about a year and a half of regular use. I cleaned everything and watched the glow plug during startup and it did not heat up. Figured from what everyone has said before that my glow plug had gone bad. Fortunately for me Weber had sent me 4 glasses I guess for pain and suffering for having to deal with the early days of the grill and included 2 glow plugs. Swapped out the glow plug turned on the grill and se the temp and viola!! Nothing happened, no joy so had it start shutdown Called support at almost the end of the day, surprisingly got to someone almost immediately so wasn’t prepared as the grill was still shutting down. Explained my grill wasn’t lighting. He asked for the error code and I explain there wasn’t one. He sounded happy about that and I wasn’t sure why but he went on to explain it sounds like my system was experiencing a bug and that when my shutdown was complete to turn it off back on and then when it was back on to showing the screen to press and set the temp to ignore the dial press and hold the 3 buttons on the right of the controller, flip the power off then on and hold the buttons until the screen shows recovery mode. At that point launch Weber connect and it should detect the grill and reinstall software. I said ok I would do when shut down was completed but silently added not gonna hold my breath and I’ll be calling you back in the morning as it was now after support hours. So I waited when it was done I put my old glow plug back in as it wasn’t the problem, powered up and set the temp. To my shock and pleasant surprise the glow plug heated up and ignited the pellets. So if your grill is not lighting and there is no error code try recovery mode and reinstalling the software. Best it works worst when they tell you to do it can say been there done that what’s next! Hope this helps someone.

Just recently received the EX6. Was able to do one 10 hour smoke, and now the grill doesn't ignite the pellets. The firebox just fills up with pellets. It doesn't look like the glow plug is heating up. I checked all of the connections, and cannot find anything out of place. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Good day from Queensland Australia , I have the same unit as you Ex6, Webber released the same units in Australia calling them the gen 2 ?? fixing all the problems???? well I bought mine early November 2020 didn't get it till December 2020 used it once then the glow plug shit it self !! did everything in the end the glow plug needed replacing about three times in end they sent out a technician who replaced the glow plug working fine so far . I love my unit but it definitely has a lot of issues which they have addressed,as usual from Webber Australia customer support I am the only one who has theses problems??.they are sending out a technician again to check out the unit as I am having other problems.( Don't say anything about using a torch) it could potentially cost you your warranty) cheers Mo Khan Stay Safe everyone.
Just recently received the EX6. Was able to do one 10 hour smoke, and now the grill doesn't ignite the pellets. The firebox just fills up with pellets. It doesn't look like the glow plug is heating up. I checked all of the connections, and cannot find anything out of place. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• 20210713_151505.jpg
    20210713_151505.jpg
    282.2 KB · Views: 69
  • 20210609_105527.jpg
    20210609_105527.jpg
    301.1 KB · Views: 70
Isn't the flavorizor bar holder go behind the chute or did they change something?

Taken it off as the screws have fused to the base plate , Webber Australia are sending out a tec to replace part's .The bottom grill/base area I noticed that one of the metal strip was gone allowing pellets to fall through that part has been replaced, just waiting for technician to come out & replace other parts . Webber Australia have been very helpful just would be nice to have no issues with this unit as it's bloody awesome. cheers again. Mo Khan.

You might try to use a small hose clamp on the glow plug, it may be that where it touches it just not getting a solid connection.

Back