SOTM SmokeFire Forums - August 2020 Smoke of the Month!

Status
Not open for further replies.

primeone

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
wsotm-1.jpg

Ladies and Gents, it's time for the August Smoke of the Month contest! Now's the time to get outside and fire up your SmokeFire and cook up your favorite meal. This is a win/win type of contest. We get to see all of the awesome photos of your cooks, and you get to eat the results!

How do I enter?
  1. Post in this thread 1 photo of your favorite cook on the SmokeFire. The photo included must be your photo! It's not required, but we prefer the photo to include your username (on a piece of paper, napkin, etc, be creative!)
  2. Include a simple write up of the recipe along with cooking instructions.
  3. We will leave the contest thread open for 7 days and close it August 8th @ 3:00 EST.
  4. After that we will open up the voting and allow the community to vote for the winner!
The winner's photo will be featured on our website and receive a special "Smoke of the Month" badge!

Good Luck to all!

bbqking

SOTM Winner
Reaction score
It’s on. I’m assuming there isn’t a specific theme, or type of meat?

bbqking

SOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ok time to start the mind to getting a second badge. Another question are we shooting for a complete plate with the meat or just the finished meat?

OP
primeone

primeone

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ok time to start the mind to getting a second badge. Another question are we shooting for a complete plate with the meat or just the finished meat?
Either will work! It can be vegetables, deserts, etc as well.

Bruno

SOTM Winner
Reaction score
I have 2 butts going on Friday night, I’ve been working on my “Dutchie style” photos and as the man with the red SOTM banner by his name said IT IS ON!!

bbqking

SOTM Winner
Reaction score
I think we should put more pics...to kind of show the process of the cook. I really like pics like that, because I’m more visual, than verbal.

abmet

SOTM Winner
Reaction score
Pulled pork sliders and smoked mac & cheese.

Pork shoulder with yardbird rub smoked with Grillmaster blend pellets using SmokeBoost and the 250.
Mac & cheese cheddar, Gouda, cream cheese, and half and half. Smoked with apple pellets at 225

Sorry breaking the one pic rule.
7486AE27-2EAD-4558-BBAC-3AEA782AC82F.jpeg
71CE72DB-911E-4B0B-9657-3BCB21A7A786.jpeg
2B94D74B-11D4-442E-8D50-DD062AB91E4F.jpeg
353A9573-1D00-4137-A469-2CD534EF68F3.jpeg

bbqking

SOTM Winner
Reaction score
Pulled pork sliders and smoked mac & cheese.

Pork shoulder with yardbird rub smoked with Grillmaster blend pellets using SmokeBoost and the 250.
Mac & cheese cheddar, Gouda, cream cheese, and half and half. Smoked with apple pellets at 225

Sorry breaking the one pic rule.
Where are the pics?

abmet

SOTM Winner
Reaction score
Where are the pics?
Should be there now, hit post instead of attach.
Plate pic not great, was hungry and just snapped it quick.

Last edited:

bbqking

SOTM Winner
Reaction score
Love the pics. Grilled Mac n cheese?! You are the ma....person! Don’t know if you a guy....😬. Love those pics.

DutchieCooks

SOTM Winner
Reaction score
Nice! Good luck to everyone! Ill try and see if I can come up with something for tomorrow. 🤘🏻

DutchieCooks

SOTM Winner
Reaction score
Looks like it's gonna be a rainy day here so no cooking for me on the SF today. Next weekend I'm camping so not near my SF. Luckly I saved the following cook for you guys because I thought I might needed it for this lol. I think it's cool that you can do so much more with the SF then just cook wings or steak etc. So here we go:

Spaghetti with smoked tomato sauce and smoked meatballs. I removed the core of the tomatoes and put garlic in it. Aluminium tray with some red hot peppers and smoke boosted it for a hour. Meatballs on a cookie sheet on the SF aswell. After the hour put the SF to 225 until the tomatoes went a little char got them off and in the foodprocessor they went. During the cook I made some garlic butter. SF to 375 to finish the meatballs. When meatballs were ready put the sauce in a skillet with some olive oil and bring it to a cook. Put the bread with the garlic butter on the SF and there you have my version of spaghetti meatballs from the SF 😁

Attachments

DutchieCooks

SOTM Winner
Reaction score
I make the picture on my phone but not with automatic but "pro" so you can play with the ISO etc

Bruno

SOTM Winner
Reaction score
Looks like it's gonna be a rainy day here so no cooking for me on the SF today. Next weekend I'm camping so not near my SF. Luckly I saved the following cook for you guys because I thought I might needed it for this lol. I think it's cool that you can do so much more with the SF then just cook wings or steak etc. So here we go:

Spaghetti with smoked tomato sauce and smoked meatballs. I removed the core of the tomatoes and put garlic in it. Aluminium tray with some red hot peppers and smoke boosted it for a hour. Meatballs on a cookie sheet on the SF aswell. After the hour put the SF to 225 until the tomatoes went a little char got them off and in the foodprocessor they went. During the cook I made some garlic butter. SF to 375 to finish the meatballs. When meatballs were ready put the sauce in a skillet with some olive oil and bring it to a cook. Put the bread with the garlic butter on the SF and there you have my version of spaghetti meatballs from the SF 😁
Another stolen picture, typical.
how many backgrounds can one man have? Great work looks amazing!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions