Smokefire EX4 vs EX6 {poll}

What SmokeFire Grill are you buying?

  • SmokeFire EX4

    Votes: 19 32.8%
  • SmokeFire EX6

    Votes: 39 67.2%

  • Total voters
    58

primeone

Administrator
Staff member
Joined
Nov 23, 2019
Messages
356
Reaction score
433
Points
63
Location
Austin, TX
What grill are you planning to purchase? The EX4 or EX6? Please vote! I'm curious to see what grill is going to be more popular.
 

Webber_uses_weber

New member
Joined
Dec 5, 2019
Messages
9
Reaction score
7
Points
3
Location
Montreal, Canada
EX6. I want this thing to replace both my big propane grill (unattended weeknight startup) and my homemade Jumbo WSM (an 18” jumbo Joe built into a smoker)

my big 26.75 with a Slow N Sear in it is here to stay though!
 

Brian Vallotton

Active member
Joined
Feb 4, 2020
Messages
244
Reaction score
185
Points
43
Location
Manteca CA
If my math is right, 50% more grill for 20% more cost.
EX6 is definitely the way to go unless you have space issues .
I had a Traeger 34" Texas Elite that I returned to Costco after the auger quit on me. (3.5 years or more) Costco gladly gave me my money back. I have rarely ever even began to fill up all that space, but HEY, you never know! EX6 is a good deal as you point out and for the extra space I understand that it really doesn't use that much more fuel. So there you go!
 

Brian Vallotton

Active member
Joined
Feb 4, 2020
Messages
244
Reaction score
185
Points
43
Location
Manteca CA
I’m getting the EX4. I noticed that the searing was uneven on the EX6 on the baby back maniac videos.
You have a good point there. Maybe the smaller footprint will be a more even cook. Getting into a little bit of a rotation of the meat will probably be the way I would deal with it if I were cooking for a lot of people. OR maybe leave the people that like rare to that cooler side...
 

Brisket'n'Beans

New member
Joined
Feb 4, 2020
Messages
8
Reaction score
9
Points
3
Location
Philly
I’m on the fence... for 95% of the time I think I need an EX-4, EX-6 for the other 5%. It’s only a couple bucks more so why not the big one. The Ex-4 is probably more fuel efficient.
My only “problem” with the Smokefire is not being able to have different heat zones without going to the top rack.

My gas Weber could grill burgers and dogs on one side and roasting veggies or roasting buns on the other.
 

GriLLMaRksRseXy

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 11, 2020
Messages
227
Reaction score
266
Points
63
Location
Tallahassee, FL
EX6 all the way. Got 3 little dragons, the Mother of dragons and a dog. Thats not counting the guests/neighbors sniffing around for some BBQ goodness. Plus Im the type of guy that says "If I gotta smoke one butt for 16 hours to feed us, I may as well throw another one on there for family, friends and coworkers."
 

MnLakeBum

Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2020
Messages
30
Reaction score
43
Points
18
Location
Minnesota/Florida
EX6. I’m on day two with mine and once the snow melts I’ll be getting another one for our lake home where we often cook for 12+ thanks to two college kids and another in high school. In August we have have 15 guests staying at our place for 8 days and some days we will use the grill twice a day and cook 40+ burgers/brats with all the college boys and girls hanging out!

Imagine this crowd from a couple years ago minus 4 adults and 4 additional college kids.

5CAA73AB-18A6-46D2-8449-F64DFB765274.png
 
Top