shutdown operation

dudemcnally

Reaction score
I've observed that upon initiating shutdown my grill will initially dump the last bit of pellets in, but very quickly begins reversing the auger. If you have observed 9 minutes of continued feeding, I'd suggest contacting support. That doesn't seem correct

JpsBBQ

Reaction score
Could be cuz you have the lid open looking at it that causes it???? 😂

mine takes a while to shut down. I’ve never looked at the auger whilst it was doing that function. IDK.

abmet

SOTM Winner
Reaction score
Nine minutes does seem like a long time to continue to feed when shutting down but I’ll admit I’ve never watched that closely. I want to say it starts reversing pretty quickly but I could just be remembering the fan spinning up to burn up the remaining pellets in the firepot. I’ll try to remember to pay more attention next time I shut it down (if I can remember).

Dassman5

Reaction score
According to Weber, firmware version 4042 is supposed to stop feeding pellets during cool down, and after the remaining pellets have burned, initiate the auger reverse mode.

I have not had a chance to observe it’s operation since I have not used mine after installing 4042, however I now have it on my list to observe what actually happens.

Latest Discussions