Shotgun shells

bbqking

SOTM Winner
Reaction score
Used manicotti. I lbs hot 1lbs mild. Cheddar, chipotle tobasco, and some Tony’s. Stuffed these and wrapped in bacon. 275 on the SmokeFire for 1.75 hours, then basted with sauce. Turned up to 350 for last .5 hour. Very tasty. Shells kind of firm at first, but softened a little in a bit.

Attachments

Bruno

SOTM Winner
Reaction score
Never heard of those, what exactly am I looking at?

OP
bbqking

bbqking

SOTM Winner
Reaction score
Sausage filled manicotti (pasta). With bacon wrap. Bbq sauce on at the endof cook.

7un47im3s

Reaction score
Sausage filled manicotti (pasta). With bacon wrap. Bbq sauce on at the endof cook.
Looks pretty tasty, Did you parboil the pasta 1st or straight outta the box? I know its a matter of preference but why cheddar over mozz? Some Tony's ? :unsure::giggle:(y)

OP
bbqking

bbqking

SOTM Winner
Reaction score
Did it right out of box. Next time I need to figure a way to soften the shells first. I just think it would be harder to stuff them soft. I prefer cheddar...mozz doesn’t have enough flavor. Tony’s Cacheres Cajun seasoning. IMO tillamook cheese is the best...

Dassman5

Reaction score
Used manicotti. I lbs hot 1lbs mild. Cheddar, chipotle tobasco, and some Tony’s. Stuffed these and wrapped in bacon. 275 on the SmokeFire for 1.75 hours, then basted with sauce. Turned up to 350 for last .5 hour. Very tasty. Shells kind of firm at first, but softened a little in a bit.
Very creative!

Latest Discussions