Sharing High and Low Temperatures, Outside Temp, and Type of Pellets used for comparisons

Brian Vallotton

Reaction score
Hi I thought that we could have a thread where we can share our high and low temps and what the outside temps were at the time as well. I know that we are all hoping to get to 600 and even below 200 for smoke. Let's see. Of course I will need to have my Weber SmokeFire before I can do this! Can you relate?

In addition: I wonder if we should also share the Brand and flavor of the pellets as well? We may be able to find that some pellets get hotter than others and maybe some pellets actually smoke better and at lower temps... So add that too if you feel led to do so!

Last edited:
To be honest, I fully expected that reaching 600 degrees would be only possible "under ideal conditions" and your mileage may vary. Sort of like, "yeah, my car can reach the MPG rating from the manufacturer provided that there is only one person in the vehicle, I'm going downhill, all windows are up, with the air conditioning off and have a tailwind."

I'm no expert, but I would think that the ambient temps have to be a factor in the maximum grill temps and even fuel consumption.

Of course I will need to have my Weber SmokeFire before I can do this! Can you relate?
When are you expecting your SmokeFire to arrive, Brian? I'm hoping next week for mine. The weather forecast looks to be cold though which is a bummer. Calling for -14 degrees Celcius / 6.8 F by Thursday..

When are you expecting your SmokeFire to arrive, Brian? I'm hoping next week for mine. The weather forecast looks to be cold though which is a bummer. Calling for -14 degrees Celcius / 6.8 F by Thursday..
Yowsers! That is downright chilly! I ordered through Amazon as a Preorder not that long ago... But it says "To be released 2/10/20" Which I am guessing means they probably have a bunch ready to ship as of tomorrow, but as of right now I have not been notified to arrange a shipping time with the carrier. For me I am guessing that I may hear from them tomorrow and get the unit in two days which means Wednesday.

I also ordered recently thru amazon mine say same thing release on the 10th hoping to get Wednesday, beyond stoked to try it out!11 I’m sure outside temp is going to factor in significantly

I’m really excited to see what others are getting because I definitely could not get 600.
HI SmokeMeister. Have you cooked anything since yesterday? I seen a reply that suggested an insulation. Is that something you are interested in trying since it is so cold? Also too, I would definitely be letting Weber know about my experience, and I am sure they care about that.

HI SmokeMeister. Have you cooked anything since yesterday? I seen a reply that suggested an insulation. Is that something you are interested in trying since it is so cold? Also too, I would definitely be letting Weber know about my experience, and I am sure they care about that.
I might be persuaded to buy a custom-fitted, insulated blankie for my grill if Weber offered such a thing.

I’ve gotten some different responses from Amazon, but the one I feel is most credible and explains the radio silence on orders is that they are actually shipping direct from Weber. Amazon doesn’t know when they will ship until they get a notification that they have shipped.

Yowsers! That is downright chilly! I ordered through Amazon as a Preorder not that long ago... But it says "To be released 2/10/20" Which I am guessing means they probably have a bunch ready to ship as of tomorrow, but as of right now I have not been notified to arrange a shipping time with the carrier. For me I am guessing that I may hear from them tomorrow and get the unit in two days which means Wednesday.

I’ve gotten some different responses from Amazon, but the one I feel is most credible and explains the radio silence on orders is that they are actually shipping direct from Weber. Amazon doesn’t know when they will ship until they get a notification that they have shipped.
That makes sense... IF that is the case then Weber has agreed to ship 2nd day to us? It is on Amazon Prime shipping so I expect that. Either way let's get these SmokeFires home! Hehe

It says ships from Amazon. They are pretty honest with their fulfilled by info.
I never thought to look for that. My theory is that there are many units sitting in the local distribution center. I am fortunate here in Central Valley of California that there is a distribution center about 12 miles from my house. So I often get things same day. I can hope!! Thanks for sharing.

I'm interested in knowing how well it will hold a temperature. My old offset smoker cant keep a consistent temp for any length of time. If anyone has a maverick or thermopro that can alarm on high and low temps i'd like to see the range of temps during a cook. I know some of the pellet smokers out there can vary 30 or more degrees.

Back