Set the grill to 525° and it only ever reaches 524 and stays there with the burners going full blast.

Froggy

Reaction score
Grill
SmokeFire EX4
This has happened to me twice now in a row while grilling steaks. You can see the temperature rapidly progressing to the target, but when it hits 524 it never hits 525. Does anyone else out there experience this?

This has happened to me twice now in a row while grilling steaks. You can see the temperature rapidly progressing to the target, but when it hits 524 it never hits 525. Does anyone else out there experience this?
Return it.

Return it
1 degree doesn't seem like an issue - what happens if you push it up to -- say - 550, 575, or even 600?

I just had something similar happen with mine just recently. Set to 400, only got to 399. I am thinking it is a software issue. Hasn't happened again.

Only happened to me once.

I would suggest setting the temp to a higher number or different number once or twice. I would hope that might get the controller to react and maybe “unstick” 🤷🏼‍♂️

Only time I’ve ever had glitches are when I leave mine powered on for a long time. I don’t always power it down for various reasons and I think that can cause minor issues like that. 🤷🏼‍♂️

I recently posted an issue that my grill temp will not go past 475 but it's now fixed without having to change anything, and the issue you are having I think I experience this often but you might just need to give it enough time to crank heat.. it happens to me all the time too it will reach 520 then drops to 510 then go back to 520 sometimes once or sometimes a few times then once it picks up like 540 then it goes to 600 without any problem but I have to be patient, I might be doing this wrong but I usually give it a good 15~20 mins to reach 600 temps or even 30 mins sometimes.

I noticed that it helps if you keep the cooking box empty, if you got stuff cooking in there it will not crank up the heat very well.

I don't know if anyone else experiences what I experience.. once the temp reaches 600 the temp will stay and not fluctuate even when I open the box but between 500~550, the moment I open up the box the temp starts to drop rapidly.

Since the temp it shows for the air is run through some processing before display, some software glitch seems likely - some sort of rounding error giving the 1 degree off thing. And the 600 temp staying and not fluctuating? I suspect they are just showing 600 regardless and running the grill pretty much flat out.

I did a test a couple days ago with an ambient probe close to the internal probe. The ambient probe fluctuated often, but the internal probe ALWAYS said 400F - even when the ambient one dipped ~20F lower or 6-7F higher. The temp reported by the grill is a lie. (But my test was close enough - I expect some fluctuation, and it averaged fine.)

I did a test a couple days ago with an ambient probe close to the internal probe. The ambient probe fluctuated often, but the internal probe ALWAYS said 400F - even when the ambient one dipped ~20F lower or 6-7F higher. The temp reported by the grill is a lie. (But my test was close enough - I expect some fluctuation, and it averaged fine.)
Thais how a PID reports temp.

Thais how a PID reports temp.
The intentional fluctuation also is the source of the superior smoke profile produced by the Weber vs the rest of the pellet industry. If the burn is too efficient and the temps constant the profile is weaker. Others are catching on.

Latest Discussions

Back