Second cook - Boston Butt

JRWoodman

Reaction score
10 hours in total. 225 for 7 hours ish, that took it up to about 155 degrees. Finished at 275 wrapped in foil x2. Result was fantastic, definitely will do this again. Considerations? I put a drip pan on the flavorizer bars which minimized the amount of grease in the cooker. Also, started with a full pellet hopper and checked on pellet distribution in the hopper 4 times just to be safe. Shouldn’t have to but seems prudent given the online comments. So far I am very happy with the results but have only done baby back ribs and a pork butt. Next up is spatchcocked brined chicken

My first pulled pork was great too. Need to do another.

10 hours in total. 225 for 7 hours ish, that took it up to about 155 degrees. Finished at 275 wrapped in foil x2. Result was fantastic, definitely will do this again. Considerations? I put a drip pan on the flavorizer bars which minimized the amount of grease in the cooker. Also, started with a full pellet hopper and checked on pellet distribution in the hopper 4 times just to be safe. Shouldn’t have to but seems prudent given the online comments. So far I am very happy with the results but have only done baby back ribs and a pork butt. Next up is spatchcocked brined chicken
Where are the pics?? Sounds about perfect on the timing. How much pellets did you use and do you have the hopper insert installed yet?

Where are the pics?? Sounds about perfect on the timing. How much pellets did you use and do you have the hopper insert installed yet?
I haven’t taken any pics yet, I will try to remember to do that on the next cooks. I would say I probably used ~ 2/3rds of a bag. Maybe less, I ran it hot for a while after I was done cooking and before shutting down so sucked up some extra pellets. I have not ordered the insert just yet although I’m pretty sure it will be necessary if I want to do an overnighter or leave the grill alone for an extended period. The pellets definitely need to be managed without an insert to help with flow.

Latest Discussions

Back