Say it ain't Lowes..........................

7un47im3s

Reaction score
Grill
EX4, WSM, E330, 22" Kettle
So I decided to hit up my local Lowes this morning to stock up on some Weber pellets. Much to my surprise there was not one bag of Weber SF pellets to be found anywhere in the store. There were a few dozen bags of various flavors of Pitmaster pellets but I wasn't looking to purchase those again. After looking around a bit more I did notice however that Lowes had set out all the lines of barbeques they offer and guess what they didn't have out...........not one version of SF, plenty of Gassers though Hmmmmm, coincidence I ask myself or deliberate act? No Weber Pellets, no Smokefires and no Kettles on display or available for purchase. I get that the Depot doesn't carry SF, because I thought maybe Lowes had an exclusive distribution agreement in place. Heck, the same Lowes had the SF's on display around Christmas, looks like I'll have to find Weber pellets somewhere else................:unsure:

That's not good. I wondered why Lowes was clearing out all their pellets last month. I sure hope they don't drop the entire SmokeFire line.

Find a place that has Lumberjack usually cheaper and just as good. I heard Lumberjack makes the Weber pellets. Don't know if that's true but they are very similar in size and flavor.

I saw a ton of Weber pellets at my Lowe's this weekend, full price 🤷🏼‍♂️. For some reason it seems to depend on each store. You can probably check inventory online before going to the store.

Last fall I found many stores that had them on clearance at nearly half off, and the next closest Lowe's had them full price still

I speculate they are not shipping a bunch of SmokeFires to the stores until the most recent software issues are resolved for a better end-user experience. They will most likely make a big marketing push in the spring with the latest firmware/software installed.

I saw a ton of Weber pellets at my Lowe's this weekend, full price 🤷🏼‍♂️. For some reason it seems to depend on each store. You can probably check inventory online before going to the store.

Last fall I found many stores that had them on clearance at nearly half off, and the next closest Lowe's had them full price still
Same here.

Same with Lowes stock here in Central New York. They've blown out of all the Hickory that they had at 50% off but for some reason they're sitting on their pallet of Weber Blend at full price. At the end of 2020 there were also some great prices on covers, but now those discounts are over.

Not sure what their plans are for spring.

So I decided to hit up my local Lowes this morning to stock up on some Weber pellets. Much to my surprise there was not one bag of Weber SF pellets to be found anywhere in the store. There were a few dozen bags of various flavors of Pitmaster pellets but I wasn't looking to purchase those again. After looking around a bit more I did notice however that Lowes had set out all the lines of barbeques they offer and guess what they didn't have out...........not one version of SF, plenty of Gassers though Hmmmmm, coincidence I ask myself or deliberate act? No Weber Pellets, no Smokefires and no Kettles on display or available for purchase. I get that the Depot doesn't carry SF, because I thought maybe Lowes had an exclusive distribution agreement in place. Heck, the same Lowes had the SF's on display around Christmas, looks like I'll have to find Weber pellets somewhere else................:unsure:
Order them from Weber anything over $50 ships free

I speculate they are not shipping a bunch of SmokeFires to the stores until the most recent software issues are resolved for a better end-user experience. They will most likely make a big marketing push in the spring with the latest firmware/software installed.
up here in the northeast they are probably going to start stocking them in March I assume. when I was there the other day it looked like they were moving things around and still in winter mode. are they stocking them down south?

None in stock here in Texas.
up here in the northeast they are probably going to start stocking them in March I assume. when I was there the other day it looked like they were moving things around and still in winter mode. are they stocking them down south?

Checked several Lowes stores in different towns in Texas with none in stock. However, ACE hardware is carrying the 2nd Gen - ready to pick up today.

Back