Roast Chicken On The Weber GBS Poultry Roaster

whoareya

2x SOTM Winner
Reaction score
Grill
EX4
Did a roast chicken with roast potatoes on the GBS Poultry Roaster

Filled the juice container it sat on with apple juice and a couple of sage leaves and filled the cavity with a whole onion and lemon, to stop the steam escaping. Not exactly lady like sat on it

IMG_1049.JPG

Grilled it at 410F for 1hr 45 minutes and added some par boiled potatoes 15 minutes into the cook to cook alongside it and let the chicken fat drop onto them to add flavour to them. Whilst the chicken rested for 15 minutes turned it up to 500F to finish the spuds off and added a couple of sweetcorn cobs on as well

IMG_1051.JPG

All in all nice device the chicken skin comes out reasonably crispy and the roast potatoes are heavenly with the chicken fat and a little smoky taste to them, those were 3 large potatoes but could easily quadruple that amount or add some roasted vegetable to cook alongside it

IMG_1052.JPG

IMG_1053.JPG

Nice looking bird. I’m gonna bet it was delicious. Enjoy.

Don't know if it's just us in our household, but always think the chicken that is left over for the next day, tastes even better than straight off the grill?

Don't know if it's just us in our household, but always think the chicken that is left over for the next day, tastes even better than straight off the grill?
We love it to. Use it fo tacos a lot also.

I'm planning to cook/smoke a chicken today now that it has stopped raining. Could beer-can style chicken be cooked low and slow?

I'm planning to cook/smoke a chicken today now that it has stopped raining. Could beer-can style chicken be cooked low and slow?
Sure can, it’ll just take a long time. If that’s not an issue then get er done! Depending on you pit temp it’ll probably take 2-4 hours.

Post the journey!

Back